+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Office 2010 Professional Plus licensing options in Technical; Hi all, I'm new to educational licensing so go easy on me please I'm looking into the cost of purchasing ...
    Thank Post

Office 2010 Professional Plus licensing options

Hi all,

I'm new to educational licensing so go easy on me please

I'm looking into the cost of purchasing Office 2010 Pro Plus and the best way to go about it. I've had a look on Pugh and it seems like I can get it for 37.60 per computer.

So there's about 250 computers in the school so it would be 9400, one off payment. And that would entitle me to install Office 2010 on computers in the school, and also downgrade to 2007/2003?

Do you have to purchase a certain number of licenses to be eligible for this type of license?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    [unauthorised advertising removed - please contact the Site Admins for details about sponsorship. JS]
    Last edited by john; 21st September 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Thank Post
    I'd give Viglen a call... they Smashed all other prices for our Microsoft Schools Agreement. The price we're paying now was even below some suppliers' cost prices!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRomero View Post
    [unauthorised advertising removed - please contact the Site Admins for details about sponsorship. JS]
    Thanks for the clarification and information about the different licensing agreements. I think the Select Agreement is the one that we'll probably end up buying through. can you recommend any good companies to buy from?

Quote Originally Posted by adamchapman View Post
    I'd give Viglen a call... they Smashed all other prices for our Microsoft Schools Agreement. The price we're paying now was even below some suppliers' cost prices!!
    I've had a look at Viglen and can only find information about agreements where you have to renew annually.
    Last edited by john; 21st September 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 1,012 Posts
    I used a company called Casscom local to us and they beat all our other quotes (bt buisness direct and a couple of others). It is definatly something worth shopping around for as (from what my supplier said) microsoft charge (most companies) a fixed fee for each licence they sell and what ever they add on top is purely profit and so varies on how greedy they would like to be!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
    If you buy on the Select agreement then you can buy as little as 1 user. There are also other licensing options that can work out cheaper and more appropriate for the school but questions needs to be answered to establish if that is the correct direction for the school.
    Thanks for the information. I think we will be going down the Select agreement route. From what I've read on here, you need to have a lot of computers and/or be using a lot of Microsoft products to make some of the other licensing agreements viable options.

Thank Post
    It all depends on what you want/need from the licensing scheme. The 2 types of licensing for you are Academic Select or School Agreeemnt

Academic Select:- Single 1 off purchase (SA optional) you pay as you go for what you use. downgrade rights included, only licensed for version you purchase(also optional SA is purchased)

School Agreement:- Easier to manage, 1 single annual agreement to renew, downgrade rights included, always stay upto date with the latest version

If you always want to say upto date or refresh your software every 3 years or less then a School Agreement is more cost effective. If not then Academic Select is more Cost effective. (Thats the approximation)

Shaun Dibble
    MCP for Licensing

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread