+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Deploying Windows 7 Professional using WDS into Windows 7 OEM licensed workstation in Technical; To All, I'm about to deploy new Windows 7 Professional OS into my new HP Desktop 6000 SFF ( Win ...

Thank Post

Question Deploying Windows 7 Professional using WDS into Windows 7 OEM licensed workstation

To All,

I'm about to deploy new Windows 7 Professional OS into my new HP Desktop 6000 SFF ( Win 7 Professional OEM license included)

my question is that for the base image, Is it ok to get just one Windows 7 Professional with 3 years Open Value ?

The image is created from a volume install/key and this is then imaged on to 100 identical machines which all hold their own OEM licenses, So my assumption is that as long as i can show the OEM key for each machine, then it is all legal.

Any suggestion and reference to the Microsoft Official Documentation will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

AWT

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertwt View Post
    So my assumption is that as long as i can show the OEM key for each machine, then it is all legal.
    Microsoft's Re-imaging Rights document has this to say regarding imaging using VL media.

Reimaging Eligibility
    Reimaging is permitted if the copies made from the Volume Licensing media are identical to the originally licensed product. Volume Licensing customers who have licensed Microsoft software products from an OEM, through a retail source, or under any agreement other than their Microsoft Volume Licensing agreement may use copies made from Microsoft Volume Licensing media. Customers can use these copies from Microsoft media only if they are the same product and version, contain the same components, and are in the same language. (Source)

3. 2 Thanks to Arthur:

albertwt (29th July 2010), tmcd35 (29th July 2010)

Thank Post
    very great :-)
    it seems i can just buy one open License OS and then deploy the image into the OEM licensed machine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread