+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Licensing Questions Thread, Schools Agreement Pricing in Technical; ...
  1. #1
    Mr.Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Pirate Ship
    Posts
    942
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 157 Times in 126 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    65

    Schools Agreement Pricing

    Hi all,

    I'm after some ideas of where to get quotes on for my School.

    I need 107 Standard Desktops Packs with CAL's etc

    2 x Server Enteprise Packs (64bit 2008R2)

    1x Server Standard Pack (32bit 2008R2) or/and 1x DPM Pack/Licence (I'm not sure if I need the server pack first)

    What sort of prices are you guys paying? I have been quoted £25.88 per unit for the Desktop Packs.

    Cheers, Ben

  2. #2

    Edu-IT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,148
    Thank Post
    403
    Thanked 623 Times in 569 Posts
    Rep Power
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ben View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm after some ideas of where to get quotes on for my School.

    I need 107 Standard Desktops Packs with CAL's etc

    2 x Server Enteprise Packs (64bit 2008R2)

    1x Server Standard Pack (32bit 2008R2) or/and 1x DPM Pack/Licence (I'm not sure if I need the server pack first)

    What sort of prices are you guys paying? I have been quoted £25.88 per unit for the Desktop Packs.

    Cheers, Ben
    Try Pugh and Ramesys. I'm pretty sure I managed to get the desktop licences for a quid or so less than that. It soon adds up.

  3. #3

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,671
    Thank Post
    860
    Thanked 650 Times in 431 Posts
    Rep Power
    499
    BIST have been good for me with our latest MS agreements - we got 350 Desktop CAL's and 13 Servers (Schools Agreement + SA) for approx £11,500
    I deal with Kelly who is great and is on here somewhere

  4. #4

    john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,619
    Thank Post
    1,499
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Rep Power
    304
    Myself and some others on here have got our Schools Agreements with Insight, I know they did a lot of research for Ric to answer questions that no-one else seemed to be able to so probably worth talking to them. Make sure you get hold of someone in Education though, I deal with Faith Warburton who is in the Manchester Office and she is ace

  5. #5
    dgsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Merseyside, England
    Posts
    1,105
    Thank Post
    118
    Thanked 90 Times in 78 Posts
    Rep Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Faith Warburton who is in the Manchester Office and she is ace
    Faith called me up about 3 weeks ago to get our account "renewed" (we haven't used it apparantly for many years - I didn't know we had one). I just sent her an email today, 3 weeks later, to remind her that she agreed to email me contact info! I'm giving Insight a chance as I tend to hear positive comments/reviews about them here else not sure if i'd considered it (given I have enough suppliers anyway).

    Sorry that's a little off topic though - we renewed our SA in April for around £25.40 each (340 clients including office) having received lots of quotes - the more the better really, gives you alot of negotiation power with your preferred suppliers.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    854
    Thank Post
    258
    Thanked 106 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    We use Viglen for ours, and I'm pretty sure that they were under the £25 per license as well.

  7. #7
    Quackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,339
    Thank Post
    40
    Thanked 145 Times in 120 Posts
    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    BIST have been good for me with our latest MS agreements - we got 350 Desktop CAL's and 13 Servers (Schools Agreement + SA) for approx £11,500
    I deal with Kelly who is great and is on here somewhere
    Is that £11,500 a year?

  8. #8

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,791
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    835
    One question - why does everyone buy the desktop pack? Do you all need sharepoint, exchange and SCCM CALS? If you don't, then it usually comes in cheaper just going for the individual items...

  9. #9

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,671
    Thank Post
    860
    Thanked 650 Times in 431 Posts
    Rep Power
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
    Is that £11,500 a year?
    It is yeah, Kelly @bist; can confirm depending on your needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    One question - why does everyone buy the desktop pack? Do you all need sharepoint, exchange and SCCM CALS? If you don't, then it usually comes in cheaper just going for the individual items...
    We do use Exhange and Sharepoint - you are also forgetting that it covers SQL CALs as well which would need to be purchased seperately too...

  10. #10

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,791
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    We do use Exhange and Sharepoint - you are also forgetting that it covers SQL CALs as well which would need to be purchased seperately too...
    No it doesn't. Only the advanced pack (is it called the enterprise pack) covers SQL licenses.

    My question was aimed more at the op and co, as they didn't specify sharepoint or exchange in their quote request.

  11. #11

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,671
    Thank Post
    860
    Thanked 650 Times in 431 Posts
    Rep Power
    499
    ok we get the following 2 products which, i bloody well hope!, coers all cals, etc

    C28-00002 MICROSOFT DESKTOP SCHOOL LICENSE LEVEL A Faculty
    P73-00203 WinSvrStd ALNG LicSAPk MVL Faculty

    Typically, I cannot find any info that gives a detailed itenery of what each pack covers.....

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Posts
    39
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    No it doesn't. Only the advanced pack (is it called the enterprise pack) covers SQL licenses.
    Are you sure? I didn't think SQL Cals were included even in the enterprise pack. Its just adds the enterprise CAL for sharepoint and exchange as well as SCCM and Forefront.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Posts
    39
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Typically, I cannot find any info that gives a detailed itenery of what each pack covers.....
    Does this help? http://www.microsoft.com/uk/educatio...agreement.aspx

    And this link shows what Cals are included in the standard and enterprise cal packs.... http://www.microsoft.com/calsuites/e...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by oggster; 15th June 2010 at 09:32 AM.

  14. #14

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,671
    Thank Post
    860
    Thanked 650 Times in 431 Posts
    Rep Power
    499
    @oggster: yeah it does thanks - though how do you find out if you have Core CAL suite or Enterprise CAL Suite?

    @localzuk: this might help you - Products - Microsoft Client Access License

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Posts
    39
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    @oggster: yeah it does thanks - though how do you find out if you have Core CAL suite or Enterprise CAL Suite?
    On my original quotes the product codefor the desktop with Enterprise CALs was : DsktpSchool ALNG LicSAPk MVL wEntCAL. Does that help? The only other thing I can think of is to login to the MS licencing Portal and have a look at your licencing summary. If you see Exchange Enterprise CAL listed with the same number of licences as your desktops then you have the Enterprise CALs (you should also see Sharepoint Ent CALS etc too).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Technet Plus with Schools Agreement - Possible?
    By sidewinder in forum Windows
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 17th July 2011, 01:42 AM
  2. Windows 7 and Schools Agreement
    By Simcfc73 in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24th July 2009, 01:39 PM
  3. MS Select of Schools agreement
    By KWestos in forum Budgets and Expenditure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th July 2008, 10:14 AM
  4. Microsoft Schools agreement
    By Face-Man in forum Budgets and Expenditure
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20th February 2008, 08:49 PM
  5. Justifiying Schools agreement
    By jumpinjamez in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17th January 2007, 10:46 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •