+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, iSpring Free- not free for school in Technical; I am aware some schools use iSpring Free to convert .PPT and .PPTX documents into SWF format "movies" to upload ...
    Thank Post

iSpring Free- not free for school

I am aware some schools use iSpring Free to convert .PPT and .PPTX documents into SWF format "movies" to upload to their VLE. Please be aware that this use is explicitely excluded in the licence agreement which states-

iSpring Solutions grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-renewable license to install, use, access, display, run, or otherwise interact with ("RUN") the Software Product. The Software Product is provided to you as a freeware for your own personal use only, and it may not be used for any commercial or educational purposes, at educational institutions or non-profit organizations. For commercial or educational use that includes all fields that do not belong to pure private use: e.g. all kinds of use in the range of any profession or for the utilization of additional professional features, you must license the professional versions which are subject to charging.

2. Thanks to pwds from:

projector1 (9th June 2010)

Thank Post
    The latest edition of Open Office (3.2) is open source and completely free for school use, and will convert both these formats into a SWF with a simple "click to view next slide" control.

AFAIK It is not possible to go to the previous slide, you will need to circle around the entire presentation again.

There may be other commercial solutions out there that provide a richer interface. I doubt iSpring Pro is affordable for many schools.

4. Thanks to pwds from:

SimpleSi (14th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Has anyone asked for a quote for an academic licence recently?

Academic License entitles you to use iSpring software on one office computer and one home PC or laptop. In this case, please, note that:

1.iSpring copies registered with Academic License cannot be used simultaneously.
    2.iSpring copies should be used by the same person only.
    3.The computers should be owned or be under control of the license holder.
    The terms are pretty restrictive and I was wondering if a single seat licence would really work out that expensive?

Rob

Thank Post
    I spent ages looking for a convertor so I could upload a powerpoint with audio annotations to YouTube. I could have kicked myself when I found out Office 2010 (which I'm using at home) will save a powerpoint straight into wmv format.

I don't know if other versions of Office do the same since I keep forgetting to check my work machine.

Thank Post
    License terms have changed to include a free academic \ non profit license now

Just stumbled across this thread after using iSpring in Moodle and being very happy... then disappointed then happy again!

iSpring Free Academic License Request

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread