+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Office KMS - what do you mean there is no KMS keys now in Technical; Ok, ive just renewed my MS agreement and found that there were no KMS keys issued to me. A quick ...
    Thank Post

Office KMS - what do you mean there is no KMS keys now

Ok, ive just renewed my MS agreement and found that there were no KMS keys issued to me. A quick call to my license reseller and they told me to contact MS.

So, after a 20 min phone call to some call centre somewhere and talking about someone else's agreement (this one being in Australia) we finally get to my agreement and they say we can give out KMS keys for Windows 7/8 however there are no KMS keys for office.

Has anyone else come across this?
    Last edited by timbo343; 11th August 2014 at 05:11 PM.

Thank Post
    Recently got a new server and went to set up KMS, but it wouldn't accept our existing W7 keys as apparently MAK is now preferred on certain agreement packages. Still waiting to hear back from MS, but suspect it's going to turn out that learning how to set up a KMS server was a waste of time.

Thank Post
    Im just waiting for my license reseller to get back to me who is waiting for MS to get back to them regarding the KMS license issue and why they have done this.

Is there anyone on here who could explain in the mean time why MS have decided to drop KMS licensing for Office products on an OVS agreement.

I cant find anything online about it.
    Last edited by timbo343; 11th August 2014 at 05:13 PM.

Thank Post
    It was suggested to me that some schools may have been taking the proverbial with suspiciously light FTE counts compared to amount of licenses used. May just be hearsay!

Thank Post
    Interesting... Ours have gone, i've used KMS from an old agreement. We have 3500 users and a we report a FTE of 250. This is actually higher than our real FTE, it was 250 a few years ago, but we have a lot more part time now, our FTE is actually 160, but we kept it up at 250 at the suggestion of our reseller as they say a lowering count will raise alarm bells

Thank Post
    All our KMS keys still showing up in VLSC, running Office 2013 and Win7 etc from KMS.

We did find out that buying a few single licenses from a supplier they seem to issue MAK by standard now, but after complaining we got KMS keys issued. But for our main OPEN licenses etc, KMS keys for all.

In terms of KMS servers and Win7, if you're using 2012 server just put that key into the KMS server, as it auto activates anything lower than itself, you don't need the Win7 KMS on top of 2012 etc.

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    In terms of KMS servers and Win7, if you're using 2012 server just put that key into the KMS server, as it auto activates anything lower than itself, you don't need the Win7 KMS on top of 2012 etc.
    We (mistakenly, it seems) went for MAK Server licences (only have 3) and now the W7 KMS keys aren't recognised .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread