+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Never eating another Apple again... in Technical; In protest!!! Can someone please let me know the 'correct' procedure for setting up an Apple VPP account? 1. Do ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Never eating another Apple again...

In protest!!!

Can someone please let me know the 'correct' procedure for setting up an Apple VPP account?

1. Do I need a separate Apple ID per iPad?
    2. Does the VPP account need to be a member of the school?
    3. Can't think of any other questions, however I'm pretty sure more will follow...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been banging my head against the wall with this. I spoke to a nice fellow from Apple yesterday and he sent me an e-mail:

TL;DR - Set up with a real person, who has authority eg/ business manager, head teacher and use their e-mail to set up VPP. Apple check the school website to verify info.

IMPORTANT TIME-SAVING TIP!
    To avoid any further delays with your VPP enrollment, please be sure that you have read and understand the following requirements:
    (1) NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS FOR PROGRAM AGENT (ENROLLEE) AND VERIFICATION CONTACT (SUPERVISOR)
    The Program Agent must list a name and contact details for both themselves and a verification contact (aka supervisor). If the Program Agent has the highest-level position in your institution, organization or district, they may list themselves as both the Program Manager and the Verification Contact. On the other hand, if the Program Agent does not have the highest-level position, they must list their supervisor’s name and contact details in the section for the verification contact.
    (2) REAL, HUMAN NAMES FOR PROGRAM AGENT (ENROLLEE) AND VERIFICATION CONTACT (SUPERVISOR)
    A real, human name must be provided for both the Program Agent and the Verification Contact (supervisor). We cannot accept job titles or the name of your institution or organization in these sections.
    (3) INSTITUTIONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES
    All email addresses listed on the application form (including the Program Manager’s Apple ID) must be institutional. We cannot accept generic email addresses (e.g. @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @Outlook.com, @me.com, @icloud.com etc.). In your institution’s case, all email address listed must end with the domain @institution.gov.uk or @institution.com.
    The Program Agent’s Apple ID must be a unique email address that is not currently in use in our system as an Apple ID for any other Apple product or service. It is not possible for us to make an exception to this rule.
    If you have submitted previous enrollments that were rejected, you will not be able to enroll again with the same Apple IDs you used for those enrollments (e.g name@institution.gov.uk, name@institution.com.).
    TAX STATUS AND (IF NECESSARY) VAT NUMBER - (EU CUSTOMERS)
    Please be sure to include your institution’s tax status on the enrolment form. For UK customers, the only two options are “taxable” or “VAT registered”. If your institution is VAT registered, you must include a valid VAT number. UK customers cannot enrol as “VAT exempt”. If your institution is VAT exempt, you will have to claim tax back later

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've already been though the steps provided... It wasn't always this long winded and frustrating.
    The account I signed up with (business managers), is now telling me that it can't be used with the VPP, as it is registered with iTunes... Struth!!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    He also told me that it is easier to just start a new VPP application with a different e-mail address than to try and get the original changed. Apparently it takes weeks to make changes. He wasn't happy about it. He seemed pretty angry at his own company. He also mentioned that the US keep changing the goalposts and all the other countries are playing catch up.

NEVERMIND! If this last attempt by me doesn't work, it might end up being itunes cards :-/

5. Thanks to Joanne from:

Mr_Jiminy (10th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    He also told me that it is easier to just start a new VPP application with a different e-mail address than to try and get the original changed. Apparently it takes weeks to make changes. He wasn't happy about it. He seemed pretty angry at his own company. He also mentioned that the US keep changing the goalposts and all the other countries are playing catch up.

NEVERMIND! If this last attempt by me doesn't work, it might end up being itunes cards :-/
    Exactly the problem I've experienced, changing an email address within the VPP... A 'fruit' official confirmed it couldn't be carried out, much to my disbelief they requested I register another account and they would then amalgamate from their end... Well it has now been one month and I'm still waiting, having jumped through several hoops during the registration.

This really is a ridiculous, waste of time process!

Rant over, going off to dry my eyes and get on with the working day.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm ready to smash something, so you are not alone!

Have a good day

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post

The reason these guidelines keep changing is that Apple ID's in general are suffering from prolonged attacks by malicious people trying to gain access to your credit card info or Apple ID info to present false app results on the store, all of these measures are in place to protect you, i realise it can be rather frustrating for you.

When you create the first enrolment this must be a Apple ID that's never been used on either the Mac App Store or iTunes App Store, as Joanne has said it is best to create the first enrolment with a new Apple ID Email address that ends using your institutions domain and not to use any that are freely available.

Thank Post
    1. No - you can use the same Apple/iTunes account for a group of iPads
    2. I used a "generic" bloggs@ account for both VPP Manager and Facilitator so that they can be easily transferred if staff change.

Since starting work with Apple devices, I've acquired at least another dozen accounts for iPad associated tasks:

Apple account/iTunes "personal" account for single one-off purchases (tied to a school credit card).
    VPP Program Manager account - used to create and manage Facilitator accounts (not used much!)
    Facilitator Volume Purchase account - used for purchasing tokens and/or spreadsheet references - used quite a bit, also tied to school credit card

Then you can add accounts for all the services you may (or may not) already use; dropbox, googledrive, prezi, evernote...

All our teaching staff have iPads and we're just starting to use them with students. Staff iPads access some Windows network folders and printers.

There are some things they are good at; placemats, bookends, watching catch up TV (at home!!!) just not networking happily with Windows. And I still don't understand why I can get 6 devices out of the shrink wrap and have them behave differently... and why don't they have a MAC code on the box like sensible people? I won't even start on the issues of getting them through a proxy... rant over, going to lie down in an apple free zone :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread