+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Academic Open Value - Home Distribution (OnTheHub) in Technical; Hi All, Up until recently, we have been offering Microsoft media (Windows/Office) to our staff to allow them to work ...

Thank Post

Academic Open Value - Home Distribution (OnTheHub)

Hi All,

Up until recently, we have been offering Microsoft media (Windows/Office) to our staff to allow them to work at home through our Open Value agreement. Pugh, our reseller have recently informed us that they have now stopped this option but instead, our staff can download Microsoft software (at a small cost) though a Microsoft portal unique to our College. This sounds far better in my opinion.

The portal service is powered by a product called 'OnTheHub'... does anybody else use this? We have a number of verification options to ensure that 'downloaders' are staff at the College, one of these being Active Directory. Has anybody got this working with Active Directory as a verification method and if so, was it tricky? There is the simpler option of distributing unique codes to staff but I would much prefer the AD method if it can be done.

Thanks
    Nick

Thank Post
    We use this with Pugh for our Adobe CS6 staff downloads - we chose to verify based on email domain, so it was extremely easy!

Thank Post
    Does your student email domain differ from your staff one then Nadeem? Our contact at Kivuto tells me that we can only use email domain if the are different (I assume so that the system can differentiate between staff and students)....

Thank Post
    Yes our student email is on a different domain, but as I understood it even if you use something like student@student.example.com and staff@staff.example.com then it should also be fine.

I'm wondering if I can add our MS agreement to the hub (but I didn't get that from Pugh!)

Thank Post
    Ours are identical unfortunately. You have also made me wonder if we can add our CS6 downloads to it! What kind of agreement do you have with Adobe? We bought a site license with Pugh and we were told that we were entitled to 50 staff downloads of CS6....

Thank Post
    We have an Adobe ETLA agreement (basically like an MS EES one)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread