+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Clients stuck on Notification in Technical; Can anyone help me with this one? I thought I had everything set up correctly, incl. firewall ports open as ...

Thank Post

Clients stuck on Notification

Can anyone help me with this one? I thought I had everything set up correctly, incl. firewall ports open as per instructions. However, as you can see from the jpg, most of my clients seem to be stuck on Notification. I haven't noticed any PCs with the "Activate Windows" watermark anymore, so not sure what's going on...! All servers (incl. 4 Hyper-Vs) are licensed, which means some workstations must have been as well, but how do I find out which ones and why or why not?! (Server 2012 / Windows 8)
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Hi,

Sorry but from the image I don't see nothing wrong.

I see two options one on the KMS server check the Event Viewer you will have a category there with all the activation request and if you compare the requests you can discover which failed and the name of the client affected and also some error code. The error code will not always help some times the error generated on the client side, if you use slmgr.vbs to activate, can give more clues about the problem. Usually searching the client error in google gives more tips to solve the problem...
    Last edited by SleepyDude; 19th October 2013 at 09:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks SleepyDude. Actually there event log doesn't show any errors - it's just that why doesn't it show all my clients as licensed instead of on Notification, which, if I understand correctly means that the grace period has ended and they still haven't been activated. Or do I just ignore it?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip60 View Post
    Thanks SleepyDude. Actually there event log doesn't show any errors - it's just that why doesn't it show all my clients as licensed instead of on Notification, which, if I understand correctly means that the grace period has ended and they still haven't been activated. Or do I just ignore it?!
    Just to clarify the events record on the Windows Event Viewer related to the activation request aren't classified as errors in case of failure. We need to check the status recorded...
    Successful activation:
    An activation request has been processed.
    Info:
    0x0,5,user-PC,e79c27e9-bd4c-401c-b17e-f4ebd33c6996,2013/10/21 16:40,0,1,249120,6f327760-8c5c-417c-9b61-836a98287e0c
    Error Activating:
    An activation request has been processed.
    Info:
    0xC004F042,25,userx-pc,b1728a2f-5ab9-445c-a122-89bf8d1f2f08,2013/10/21 16:07,0,5,0,c04ed6bf-55c8-4b47-9f8e-5a1f31ceee60
    If you don't have any problem with the clients activating simply ignore it.

Did some search and found more information about the status on this thread and on this Microsoft page you can see that they admit the report causes confusion.

Thank Post
    Yes, I'd seen both those pages myself, but they didn't really shed any light of it. But as all my Event Manager logs start with 0x0, so maybe they're all successful! Strangely enough, the number of PCs that are licensed seems to be creeping up very slowly - maybe 1 a day?! It must admit, it's as clear as mud!! Thanks SleepyDude

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread