+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Adobe Cloud Licensing... any educational pricing? in Technical; Hi all, We're running CS5.5 and are pretty happy with it overall - but I assume at some stage in ...
    Thank Post

Adobe Cloud Licensing... any educational pricing?

Hi all,

We're running CS5.5 and are pretty happy with it overall - but I assume at some stage in the future we will have to upgrade our Adobe suite (I know there are other options out there for free, etc, I just feel this is the most useful package for our kids to be exposed to).

Does anyone know if there is a scheme similar to EES from Microsoft for this? Where we pay per full time employee...

If so, where can I get an idea of pricing?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Cheers
    R

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, Adobe are moving across to an EES type scheme (called EEA) however it certainly isn't cheap and personally I think they've missjudged the pricing, we won't be moving across to it and can't afford a Site licence so will have to remain without (unless you have a large number of staff, it's cheaper to buy the 250/500 site licence).

I've been given all my details from Academia so far.

3. Thanks to Cache from:

rpycroft (11th May 2013)

Thank Post
    What this means for my school is that I can either purchase (one last time) a site license for $10000 or I can buy into Adobe's Education Agreement for approx $100 / total full time employee / year. That's about $10000 / yr for us. That's $10000/yr for the 4 instructors that will be using it. The model is similar to Microsoft's School Agreement, but without the savings. Does Adobe think CS6 is as ubiquitous in the organization as MS Office? Looks like we'll be switching to .... ohhhh I get it.

Thank Post
    Has anyone come across education pricing for Adobe cloud, only seen this on the adobe site looks fairly expensive per person Membership plans: Pricing, upgrades, and subscriptions | Adobe Creative Cloud
    Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ2717uk View Post
    Has anyone come across education pricing for Adobe cloud, only seen this on the adobe site looks fairly expensive per person Membership plans: Pricing, upgrades, and subscriptions | Adobe Creative Cloud
    Thanks.
    On the Adobe site, they talk a lot about the "Design and Web K-12 Collection" as being an education-specific flavour of CC for teams. Pricing is elusive... Pugh have this: Adobe CS6 School Site Licenses | Adobe | Products | - discounted software for education establishments, all of which is CS6 pricing.
    I have managed to find pricing for charity purchase of CC at £25 per user per month, and once bumped into a page on the Adobe site mentioning £300 per user per year for education, but I'm damned if I can find it again. For a company that is so heavily into web stuff, their site is shockingly hard to navigate - even on the /uk/ pages, one keeps getting content that's US & Canada specific.

Thank Post
    Specifications of CC Design and Web K-12 Collection: http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe...m-guide-en.pdf

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 852 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The figure I heard was about £80 per FTE staff, working on a similar basis to EES.

Why Adobe think that Creative Cloud - used by maybe 20% of people in school, and we manage to make use of Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Fireworks across all key stages - is worth over twice as much as Windows, Office, Endpoint Protection & all the CALs, I don't know.

Buy CS6 on a perpetual licence now if you ever want to use Creative Suite.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,765 Posts
    We were quoted £7,149 for the Design & Web Edition of Creative Cloud. This was for 300 FTEs because it would cost us an additional £4,701 (so £11,850!!!) to license the actual number of FTEs we have (150).

Btw, ETLA is only available to Higher Education institutions with over 500 FTEs.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Why Adobe think that Creative Cloud is worth over twice as much as Windows, Office, Endpoint Protection & all the CALs, I don't know.
    It's crazy, isn't it? Adobe really need to lower their prices.

Thank Post
    We recently asked for a quote for Adobe to upgrade and sadly it was also around £10 - £12k per a year, there is just no way that can justify paying that much given the previous cost.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Btw, ETLA is only available to Higher Education institutions with over 500 FTEs.
    I just got the Eduserv Adobe ELA licence with less than 500 FTE - deadline for this round has passed but it was possible.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I attended a webinar over a month ago now and Adobe was in discussion with the DfE about producing a much more affordable FTE solution for schools.

It was on my list to follow up with before the end of term, but things dragged out and I never got round to it, but hopefully much better pricing ala EES should be coming to schools (fingers crossed!)

Eduserv remained the best option for Higher Ed, but there was no option for Secondary Schools/Academies to join Eduserv (I was specifically told this)

Thank Post
    Following Autodesk's model of giving it away would be nice, not that I think it will happen. There are free or cheap alternatives however persuading staff to use them is another matter. A lot of CS5/6 can be replicated with things like Inkscape/Blender/Paint.net/GIMPshop/Lightworks however the learning curve with some is arguably steeper and you can argue they aren't 'industry standard', although some do get used in professional situations (often where small businesses can't afford Adobe!) What frustrates me is schools outlaying £10k for Master Collection then hardly using it.

I'd like to see very cheap or free versions of Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements for KS3/4, and heavily discounted versions of CS6/CC for KS5 and FE.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Using Autodesk's model would be great, but like you say very unlikely to happen.

I've had some refreshed pricing through for the EEA for a more reasonable FTE which is much more inline with the EES model so might be worth enquiring again if anyone else is looking/looked previously.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread