+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, HUP - Stopping double purchases in Technical; We offered Office 2010 via the HUP (Home Use Program) last year to our staff members. Only a few took ...
    Thank Post

HUP - Stopping double purchases

We offered Office 2010 via the HUP (Home Use Program) last year to our staff members. Only a few took it up at the time and I was about to start advertising it again. HUP has been updated to offer Office 2013. I have realised that at least one member of staff had purchased Office 2010 a few months back and has now purchase Office 2013 using the same email address and HUP Code. My count seems to have gone up, so this person has taken an extra licence. Surely there should be some mechanism to stop staff from using the service twice? I know that it was 2 different products but nevertheless my usage count has gone up by 1. If all my current HUP users did that then I would lose upto half my allocation.

Has anyone else come across this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    The FAQ specifically says employees qualify for one upgrade, so it's expected that they could purchase once and then purchase again when the new version comes out.

I can't say I've been checking on the provision count on ours, but are you sure it went up when that user made their second purchase, and didn't just coincide with someone else buying for the first time?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    I can't say I've been checking on the provision count on ours, but are you sure it went up when that user made their second purchase, and didn't just coincide with someone else buying for the first time?
    Ok - on checking and counting the quantity "redeemed" I have 2 less than the quantity "provisioned"!!
    Thats left me even more confused!! The persons name appears twice in the "redeemed" list.
    Why are the 2 figures different?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    Mine's the other way around - I have 13 provisioned with 20 redeemed, with the extra 7 being the number of people who have where people have upgraded.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    Mine's the other way around - I have 13 provisioned with 20 redeemed, with the extra 7 being the number of people who have where people have upgraded.
    So mine makes no sense at all!! I can see that the staff member has a copy of 2010 and a copy of 2013 from the list but it doesnt tally with the "provisioned" figure!!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread