+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, Microsoft EES 2nd Year renewal in Technical; Hi I wondering if anyone knows do we have to order our second year with the same company as we ...

Thank Post

Microsoft EES 2nd Year renewal

Hi

I wondering if anyone knows do we have to order our second year with the same company as we did the for the first year? we took advantage of the 3 year subscription but of course have only paid for first year so far, the reason i ask is the company have come back with a higher price for the 2nd year and after shopping around i am getting better prices with other suppliers?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,446 Posts
    If you subscribed for 3 years I thought the point of that would be to keep the subscription price the same?

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    If you subscribed for 3 years I thought the point of that would be to keep the subscription price the same?

Ben
    well that's what i thought but last year apparently we got discount in the first year for signing up to a 3 year agreement but on my quote from last year we have the 2nd/3rd year renewal price and they have just told me prices have gone up by about 30% and will be more that anticipated last year, i feel they are trying it on here...

Thank Post
    I think they are to. I would speak to other resellers and see if you can move and also ask how their prices work.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by victory2012 View Post
    Hi

I wondering if anyone knows do we have to order our second year with the same company as we did the for the first year? we took advantage of the 3 year subscription but of course have only paid for first year so far, the reason i ask is the company have come back with a higher price for the 2nd year and after shopping around i am getting better prices with other suppliers?

Thanks
    You can change reseller whenever. We moved half way through the 1st year. All you have to do is sign a form and the new reseller will do the rest.

6. Thanks to scholes99 from:

victory2012 (11th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholes99 View Post
    You can change reseller whenever. We moved half way through the 1st year. All you have to do is sign a form and the new reseller will do the rest.
    thansk for that i will give other suppliers a call.. i thought reason signing up for 3 years would be pricing would be fixed but would have thought we still have the option to get a better price elsewhere!

Thank Post
    @Millgate sorted ours out. Might be worth asking Luke.

9. Thanks to fiza from:

Millgate (11th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Hi

Thanks
    Yes you can change and the point of the 3 year agreement is that the prices will stay the same. It sounds like they're trying to pull a fast one.

I'd be suprised if you were actually on a 3 year agreement because most people think they are but they're actually on a 1 year

Luke

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millgate View Post
    Yes you can change and the point of the 3 year agreement is that the prices will stay the same. It sounds like they're trying to pull a fast one.

I'd be suprised if you were actually on a 3 year agreement because most people think they are but they're actually on a 1 year

Luke
    Thanks luke, any idea how i would find out if i was put on a 1year instead of the 3?

Thank Post
    Thanks luke, any idea how i would find out if i was put on a 1year instead of the 3?
    If you drop me a PM or email with your details on, including your agreement number, I can try and find out for you if you like

Luke

Thank Post
    We renewed our 2nd year agreement back in June and it was the same price as I originally agreed back in 2011 when I signed us up for the 3 year inital term. If your FTE has increased in year 2 compared to what you had when you started, then the price will increase, but if it's the same or lower, you should still be paying exactly the same as year 1.

If you switch suppliers, there is some paperwork involved to transfer the agreement policy, as we found out when our supplier had switched it's own distrubutor and after a few automated e-mails from the MS licensing department and a few frantic conversations with our supplier it was finally sorted

Thank Post
    That all sounds really dodgy..
    Our costs were the same when we renewed our costs were the same, in fact they went down becuase our FTE staff had dropped a little. I saw the price increase thing, but I also read that the price increase wasn't being applied to things like this licencing agreement.

Thank Post
    We took a 3 year subscription out, but paid for it all in one go. But we only have 35 FTE.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread