+ Post New Thread
Licensing Questions Thread, MS EES Licencing - Staff home use in Technical; Morning everyone We're on EES licensing now and this includes Office at home for staff. However, how do you give ...
    Thank Post

MS EES Licencing - Staff home use

Morning everyone

We're on EES licensing now and this includes Office at home for staff. However, how do you give it to them? I don't want to go to their houses but I don't want to give them a disk and license key either - I know what might happen. I was thinking about having them sign a declaration but that probably won't wash if Microsoft detect some misuse. Anyone done this yet?

Cheers

James

Thank Post
    Do you mean the "home use" program?

You should have a code they can use to put into a website where they can order it. It's not free but it is very very cheap (£8.95 for the full gubbins) and you aren't responsible for enforcing any of the licence. The end user home use website is hup.microsoft.com. You should find your code somewhere in the ugly unnavigable mess they call their licensing portal.
    Last edited by pcstru; 21st November 2012 at 11:25 AM.

3. Thanks to pcstru from:

JamesDonkin (21st November 2012)

Thank Post
    When you login to the Volume License Service Centre there is a tab that says Software Assurance. The home use program is listed in there. You have to activate the benefit and it will give you an access code that your staff then enter into the home use program website (Microsoft Home Use Program - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010. The software suite includes Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access and more!) along with their email address, at which they can purchase office at a reduced rate of 8.95 with their own product key.

5. 2 Thanks to carnforthhigh:

JamesDonkin (21st November 2012), sjatkn (21st November 2012)

Thank Post
    I don't think you can just give it to them.... Im sure you need to have them purchase a license still at a reduced price of i think its around 7.99 , its called home use program and you will find details under the software assurance tab on the vl portal, and it gives you an email to send to staff containing a link to purchase etc....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDonkin View Post
    Morning everyone

We're on EES licensing now and this includes Office at home for staff. However, how do you give it to them? I don't want to go to their houses but I don't want to give them a disk and license key either - I know what might happen. I was thinking about having them sign a declaration but that probably won't wash if Microsoft detect some misuse. Anyone done this yet?

Cheers

James

7. Thanks to victory2012 from:

Thank Post
    you will need to activate the home use in Microsoft Volume licensing service centre website. log in and click software assurance, select home use, select your licesnse agreement and set up the options, you then give staff the link and a code (it is not a license code but a code to ling to your ees agreement) they will also need to provide their email address for the school. they can then purchase a full copy office for £9.99 or there abouts that they keep. the other option is called work form home which involves you installing the software on their home machines as you're not supposed to give out the volume license key.
    Last edited by glen_j; 21st November 2012 at 11:32 AM.

9. Thanks to glen_j from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by victory2012 View Post
    I don't think you can just give it to them....
    If you have EES its purely for work purposes then yes you can. Have a read of this: Work at Home licenses for Academic Volume License Customers
    Pay particular attention to this bit:
    Enrollment for Education Solutions, School Enrollment, and Campus Enrollment Work at Home license
    Work at Home licenses for Enrollment for Education Solutions, School Enrollment, and Campus Enrollment customers are available for all application, system, and Client Access License (CAL) products at no extra cost*. These limited rights permit using licensed products on a personally owned computer for work-related purposes only. You can choose to extend these rights to your faculty and staff members only for licensed products for which you have institutional licenses through your enrollment.
    If people want a copy of Office for personal work then they have to use the HUP and pay the £9.
    There is a model agreement on the page above that we use for staff.
    Last edited by sparkeh; 21st November 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Thank Post
    That's the way I've always understood it, we say to staff they can either

a) bring the machine in and we'll install Office for them
    b) order the CD and install themselves at their own cost

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread