+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Learning Network Manager Thread, Print management, any suggestions? in Technical; Originally Posted by Marshall_IT We use PaperCut and Toshiba machines from Arena, I find both very good. Thanks for your ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall_IT View Post
    We use PaperCut and Toshiba machines from Arena, I find both very good.
    Thanks for your reply. You are the first one that uses Arena, what do you think of them?

I’ve got Papercut now! Will install in a next week or so and run monitoring for a couple of terms then will call them to see what can they offer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by happierlarry View Post
    Thanks for your reply. You are the first one that uses Arena, what do you think of them?

I’ve got Papercut now! Will install in a next week or so and run monitoring for a couple of terms then will call them to see what can they offer.
    If you are looking to take use this with copiers (as i expect Marshall_IT) does then you should know you will need PaperCut MF but you can easily move from NG to MF if you go the route.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happierlarry View Post

Yes we use PaperCut MF.

Arena:
    I did not deal with drawing up the contracts or the purchasing, however, I've dealt with the whole installation and support and everything has been positive so far.

There is only one issue with the integration of PaperCut MF with the Toshiba MFDs when using Joint account and it not stopping people from photocopying when joint account balance is 0.
    However I'm told there should be a patch in Jan that will fix this.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall_IT View Post
    Yes we use PaperCut MF.

Arena:
    I did not deal with drawing up the contracts or the purchasing, however, I've dealt with the whole installation and support and everything has been positive so far.

There is only one issue with the integration of PaperCut MF with the Toshiba MFDs when using Joint account and it not stopping people from photocopying when joint account balance is 0.
    However I'm told there should be a patch in Jan that will fix this.
    We call this "zero stop" the MFD needs to know when a user runs out of money so it can stop (restricted) users taking any further copies. So if you have 10 credit and a copy job is 1 starting an 11 page copy run should result in you only getting 10 pages and then further access to the copying features will be disabled. This is all controlled by the MFD but as you mention Toshiba have been working on new firmware that supports this.

Thank Post
    Again PaperCut in schools is strong and priced well (opposed to say equitrac) obviously the NG version is free, but the MF version mentioned prices competitively and is very intuitive and functional - unlike some older or indeed (in my opinion) "lesser" products.

Thank Post
    Another Papercut user here. It's been excellent for us.

Thank Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but those of you using biometric print release on papercut - what are you using to manage the biometrics? BioStore etc?

We already have a biometric database through our NRS cashless system, but it doesn't appear to play well with others. Pcounter say they can integrate, but their software seems very clunky compared to papercut.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfish View Post
    Yep - finger prints are taken via our cashless catering system and also used for our library system. First time you log into a copier you have to do it manually so it can tie your cashless catering credentials to your fingerprint, but after that its nice and quick
    Can I ask which cashless/library system you are using?

Seems logical that things like print/cashless/library/door entry/registration would all tie into one system - but after talking to several vendors the reality is a little disappointing.

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 870 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cashless canteen system here: EasyTrace.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_d View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but those of you using biometric print release on papercut - what are you using to manage the biometrics? BioStore etc?

We already have a biometric database through our NRS cashless system, but it doesn't appear to play well with others. Pcounter say they can integrate, but their software seems very clunky compared to papercut.

Seems logical that things like print/cashless/library/door entry/registration would all tie into one system - but after talking to several vendors the reality is a little disappointing.
    We are biostore so the tie in is that - have you spoken with ITS about papercut intregration with NRS.

Papercut uses Live register which then talks to biostore

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    We are biostore so the tie in is that - have you spoken with ITS about papercut intregration with NRS.

Papercut uses Live register which then talks to biostore
    Hi, That is half correct.

Live register have a device that works with papercut. This can talk to their own software back end or Biostore.
    Biostore have their own hardware that hooks in to papercut.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ted View Post
    Hi, That is half correct.

Live register have a device that works with papercut. This can talk to their own software back end or Biostore.
    Biostore have their own hardware that hooks in to papercut.
    Ah - this is not what I was told! We are just about to place our Order!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    Ah - this is not what I was told! We are just about to place our Order!
    The info i gave you should not stop you ordering anything. You said "Papercut uses Live register which then talks to biostore" thats not 100% correct but thats just me being picky.

Live register have hardware that talks to a device that papercut embedded is installed on and it all works fine and multiple sites around the UK use this system. You can use their own software or Biostore to do the auth lookup it depends what you run.

Thank Post
    It's not stopping me it's just what I was told - it's all being done through ricoh under our mfd lease

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_d View Post

FYI NRS have hardware that works with PaperCut on the Toshiba platform.

Thank Post
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, makes interesting reading. One question, if any of you guys running anything other than PCounter, can it cope with more than two digits after the decimal point?

So, in our reprographic department we can print for less then a penny, say 0.005 or half a penny a print. As can a lot of other printers here at school. BUT, with PCounter I cannot reflect that price, or in truth I have to move the point up one, so it reports each print is 5p. Really not very satisfactory - and confusing to staff.

So I dont think papercut does this, but ive heard 'Print Manager Plus' does, has any one used this? Or can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.

D

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast