+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Learning Network Manager Thread, RM CC4 in Technical; Originally Posted by nephilim so GPOs are ok via 2003 on windows 7? or is it a different system entirely? ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    so GPOs are ok via 2003 on windows 7? or is it a different system entirely?
    Yeah, well, generally you don't configure GPOs through AD but configure the friendly RM policies through the Management Console and they are all good for Win7.
    Of course there is nothing stopping you adding your own GPOs if you are that way inclined but I haven't found the need to as yet, plus the RM AD structure might hinder you in doing any fine grain GPO control.
    Also you can add reg frags to the Console for specific settings.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 748 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    so GPOs are ok via 2003 on windows 7? or is it a different system entirely?
    RM have designed their own flavours and it just works once you know how to use it you can do all sorts of magic hehe!

Fully Windows 7 here and no problems with roaming profiles, fast login times also, faster than we had before which was quick then.

Tagged all our other linux services on beautifully.

Only complaint and its not really a complaint is the way in which the printer mapping has let us down on a couple of occasions but I now have the update which will hopefully rectify this.

Thank Post
    We have just gone Windows 7 and have Server 2008 R2 installed. We are one of the first schools with this install.

Our backend EMC VNX san is I believe the first to be commissioned. Have a couple of small niggling issues after the engineer handed over yesterday, but nothing major stopping me ploughing on preparing everything for a summer rollout.

LB1

Thank Post
    Hi Bossman,

I'm new to CC3 /4, any chance I could have a copy of your pdfs of the manuals? Much appreciated if poss.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @nephilim:

I have all the manuals in pdf format if you require them.

If you have used CC3 in depth then its much the same but better as you well know from your contact with CC4, unlike CC3 though everything is postgres SQL backend and therefore you cannot go changing things in the AD like you could with CC3.

Me n @webman are loving its functionality as will @Sylv3r before long

Thank Post
    I TUPE'd over to RM earlier this year. CC4 isnt too difficult really, just strange ways to do some simple things and easy ways to do some complex things. They sent me on a training course for it (3 days) it was geared more for people who had used CC3 but i picked it up easy enough and was the first person to finish the exam at the end (and pass lol). The course was mainly a quick discussion of the topic then straight into a lab to practice / mess with advanced features. I would recommend it if your going to be using it day in day out. The manuals are good if can stomach that amount of reading and technical info. I still use the CC4 manual i got there every now and then.

EDIT we use 2008 R2 and Win 7 and there have been no real problems so far

Thank Post
    Well sat down and had a discussion with my borough IT team and our cc3 servers on its last legs so will be doing an upgrade to cc4 when we purchase a new server. Ive only briefly looked at CC4 but looks very interesting.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by north-ict View Post
    Well sat down and had a discussion with my borough IT team and our cc3 servers on its last legs so will be doing an upgrade to cc4 when we purchase a new server. Ive only briefly looked at CC4 but looks very interesting.
    CC4.2 right?

Thank Post
    Im assuming it would be the latest as when i spoke to the borough technician he said its in a more stable state now so most likely. Last year i upgraded the machines from the old fseries machines so its the next logical step to upgrade the server now it was nice walking in at the begining of term to have the a the server tell me hard drives are failing lol.

Thank Post
    I'm going to be helping out move one of my feeder schools to vanilla over the easter hols. They currently run CC3. Any one still have a copy of the CC3 PDF's I can have? I've been told they might want some help in the mean time, and it's been 3-4 years since I used CC3.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themanfromict View Post
    I'm going to be helping out move one of my feeder schools to vanilla over the easter hols. They currently run CC3. Any one still have a copy of the CC3 PDF's I can have? I've been told they might want some help in the mean time, and it's been 3-4 years since I used CC3.

Thanks
    Anything in particular you're after?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12