Hello all,

I am using Fedora 11 and I have a built in 3G Mobile Broadband (I believe it's an Ericsson F3507g card). When I first installed F11, it worked perfectly fine. I created the connection by right clicking on the Network Manager -> Edit Connections -> Mobile Broadband tab and then Added the details for Vodaphone connection.

The way I would use the Mobile Broadband connection was to left click on the Network Manager and there would be a list of the Wired Networks, Wireless Networks and Mobile Networks. I would just click on the Vodaphone connection created above.

It worked for a while, but I can't say how long exactly. Since then I have definitely installed many automatic updates suggested by F11 and a bunch of apps so I really can't say what has changed.

However, now, when I left click on the Network Manager, I only see the headers for Wired and Wireless networks with the names of the wireless connections.. but I no longer see the Mobile Broadband header or the Vodafone connection. It's disappeared.

Anyone know how this might have happened and how I could "undo" the changes that broke this? Suggestions? Is there a way to check if NetworkManager has been updated via yum and revert?

Otherwise, I've been trying to add it back manually by creating a file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts called ifcfg-ppp0 then ran ifup for ppp0. This still didn't work with the following error:

[root@xxxxx network-scripts]# ifup ifcfg-ppp0
Device ppp0: The connect script failed (maybe wrong password or wrong phone number).

I don't know where I would provide the username and password. The ifcfg-ppp0 file currently contains the following:

TYPE=Modem
DEVICE=ppp0
BOOTPROTO=dialup
ONBOOT=no
PEERDNS=yes
LINESPEED=460800
MODEMPORT=/dev/ttyS0
PROVIDER=VodafoneUMTS
DEFROUTE=yes
PERSIST=no
PAPNAME=VFD2
WVDIALSECT=VodafoneUMTS
MODEMNAME=Modem0
DEMAND=no
IPV6INIT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
IDLETIMEOUT=600

Any help with resolving this broadband issue either the "correct" way so that it shows up in the NetworkManager or the "workaround" so that I can at least get it working.

Thanks,
Nabeel