Little-Miss (6th November 2009)
also i find rejoing the domain may help, do it by wyfy, i had problems with dells and HPs when joining a domain i used cable. when i rebooted and loged on by wyfy it could not find the network.. wierd but it did work.
so you think it might be a little blip because i imaged them with a cable and now im trying to do it wirelessly....
well it's another thing to try.. i have seen stranger things happen..
the more the better dude!
and also agree with removing there own utility software and just using the relevant driver and getting windows to deal with the wifi
They worked fine before the network was changed and they had winsuite on. Since they've been imaged and the network runs differently they've been playing up.
I'm wondering whether the pants basic dlink AP isnt helping either....
When you try to log on to the machine which error message is coming up?
Is it "Can't find the domain" or "computer account doesn't exist"? I'm just thinking, if you have had a major overhaul of the network, it might be that the domain accounts just haven't been properly recreated in the correct OU and hence they can't be found.
It might be worth trying a PCI wireless adaptor as well because they will normally initialize on start up. I've got one PC on wireless though and I have to say it's a bit flaky.
I'd be surprised if it was the AP, Just check it hasn't got any sort of MAC filtering or user filtering on it.
do you have any PC still set up the old way b4 re-image ??
or are these 3 the only ones?
if you do have some still working OK try taking the old drivers off them with Device driver backup, restoration, update and removal software for Windows, drivers backup, backup drivers
and install the Drivers on the new img..
if you still have no joy.
look at belkin PCI wyfy cards it will save you lots of problems..
But still try un-join from the domain network and rejoin to the domain. and keep the usb wyfy in the same port at all times.
Still no luck...
Have removed from domain and reconnected wirelessly
Looks like im recieving IP from server
Removed Dell utility
I get as far as Loading personal settings. Get the message it cant find profiles and then cant find temporary.
okay, scrap that....it seems to be alive!!!
One of those things worked!! Woop!! Right lets try it on the other 2....
Success!! Thank you!
It's either going to be the utility or the domain thing lol. Sorry i cant tell you which, im just glad they're working
Good to hear that gives me sleepless nights when I can't suss somthing out
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)