+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Learning Network Manager Thread, Remote control of student PCs in Technical; Originally Posted by john Looks a bit like Net Support Manager to me with some tweaks, any bets that ABTutor ...
    Thank Post

Re: Remote control of student PCs

Quote Originally Posted by john
    Looks a bit like Net Support Manager to me with some tweaks, any bets that ABTutor just buy NSM and re-badge it like RM do (was it RM that we worked out did that)
    Yeah they badge it as RM Tutor 3, they used to use NetOp School for RM Tutor v 1 & 2

Thank Post

we use ultr@vnc and lanview 3 client . them 2 are the best in my eyes
    to get he job done

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by callumtuckey
    we use ultr@vnc and lanview 3 client . them 2 are the best in my eyes
    to get he job done
    Use them too, great pieces of software

Thank Post

at my 2 schools We are using Lanview 3.......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We've recently been trialling VNCon in combination with MST's TightVNC package for CC3 (Thanks Kevin! ). We're pleased to report it works quite well. The VNCon interface is a bit clunky to start with (adding machines and sorting them etc) but once you've saved your LAN as a file (and modify the shortcut to load it each time) it's not too bad.

We've even rolled it out to the teacher PCs in the ICT suites - they seem to enjoy the novelty

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts

Your spoiling them craig, I dont let mine use NetSupport School, its purely a IT dude thing

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We like to call it 'empowering' them

Thank Post

Looks a bit like Net Support Manager to me with some tweaks, any bets that ABTutor just buy NSM and re-badge it like RM do (was it RM that we worked out did that)
    AB Tutor is not a re-badge of NetSupport Manager/School, its there own product as far as I know.

Also Viglen along with RM re-badge NetSupport School not AB Tutor.

Rob

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdhawkins
    AB Tutor is not a re-badge of NetSupport Manager/School, its there own product as far as I know.

Rob
    I have just re-looked at AB's website and its VERY copied looking of NetSupport stuff then, hence my comment about it being NetSupport, so appologies for saying you were them when you are not ops: But if you go here https://www.abtutorcontrol.com/abc/h...reenShots.html and look its very similar in icons etc.

Thank Post

Ranger Remote Control, I strongly recommend it. It has everything you would ever dream of having from a remote control package,

But how can you achieve all of this whilst ensuring teachers remain firmly in control?

Ranger Remote Control helps enhance whole-class teaching by enabling staff of all technical abilities to better manage PC activity in the classroom.
    Designed specifically for education, Ranger Remote Control allows staff to remotely view and take control of students’ PCs, so they can demonstrate work, interact with individuals or groups, provide support, assess progress and gather feedback – without moving from one PC to the next.

• Keep a watchful eye on what students are working on.
    • Take control of students’ PCs to demonstrate how to do something.
    • Control which applications and internet sites students can access.
    • Immediately block all internet access at the click of a button.
    • Lock all workstation screens and keyboards to get the attention of the class.
    • Record and replay students’ screen activity to illustrate a point, facilitate assessment or demonstrate progress.
    • Provide discrete student support though instant pop-up messages, ‘Chat’ and ‘Help’ requests or by taking control of individual PCs.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by rdhawkins

Rob
    I have just re-looked at AB's website and its VERY copied looking of NetSupport stuff then, hence my comment about it being NetSupport, so appologies for saying you were them when you are not ops: But if you go here https://www.abtutorcontrol.com/abc/h...reenShots.html and look its very similar in icons etc.
    There is an uncanny similarity but I guess when you're at the top everyone tries to copy you

In all honesty though its not surprising that us NetOp, AB Tutor etc all look similar as we are all trying to do the same job after all.

@NBC_Sys_C-ord: Pleased you like Ranger Remote Control, it is also a re-badge of NetSupport School.

Rob

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    We've recently been trialling VNCon in combination with MST's TightVNC package for CC3 (Thanks Kevin! ). We're pleased to report it works quite well. The VNCon interface is a bit clunky to start with (adding machines and sorting them etc) but once you've saved your LAN as a file (and modify the shortcut to load it each time) it's not too bad.

We've even rolled it out to the teacher PCs in the ICT suites - they seem to enjoy the novelty
    We've actually using the exact same setup! The main problems we found was that VNCon wasn't suitable for staff because they didn't like the interface and found it difficult to use. Cycling through screens, doesn't always show username's, etc. It also has a habit of crashing quite frequently at the client/viewer side when viewing a lot of computers at the same time.
    That's why we've been looking at getting ABTutor which works really well. The only thing against it is that some of the onlince licenising activation is a bit draconian! Cant believe you have to register each workstation it's installed on with a hardware key.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis
    Quote Originally Posted by webman

We've actually using the exact same setup! The main problems we found was that VNCon wasn't suitable for staff because they didn't like the interface and found it difficult to use. Cycling through screens, doesn't always show username's, etc. It also has a habit of crashing quite frequently at the client/viewer side when viewing a lot of computers at the same time.
    That's why we've been looking at getting ABTutor which works really well. The only thing against it is that some of the onlince licenising activation is a bit draconian! Cant believe you have to register each workstation it's installed on with a hardware key.
    Only the tutor machines though, not the clients. Don't forget all the clients are free! I've been using it here for a while although only more recently for teachers (older rooms don't have a teacher only machine).

Thank Post

Has anybody ever used NetControl2? We are ditching CC3 this summer to go vanilla and am looking at alternatives to RM Tutor. This looks fantastic and is amazingly cheap! Problem we have is that all teachers have and use their own laptops in IT suites and with laptop trolleys and so to be democratic we want to give the software to all teachers. This would cost us £8000 with ABTutor!!!!! But as usual when something looks too good to be true, it usually is!

Thank Post

RM tutor 3 is powered by netsupport. It says so on it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast