+ Post New Thread
Learning Network Manager Thread, NIC Not recognized in Technical; Have been attemtpting to install NLM unfortunately the Server NIC, an embeded Broadcom, is not being recognised by the W23K ...

Thank Post

NIC Not recognized

Have been attemtpting to install NLM unfortunately the Server NIC, an embeded Broadcom, is not being recognised by the W23K setup consequently the NLM setup falls over. I can however install the NIC driver once the NLM setup has finished. Does anybody know if a) Can I add the drivers to the W23K setup or b) Run the NLM setup again.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: NIC Not recognized

I think that LNM is claiming may victims here. It should be fine just to install the drivers after the install, as for adding them to a CD image it's a whole kettle of fish I don't want to get into.

Thank Post

I hopefully posted the answer in another thread.

During the server builds the system will do a pnp driver check and if the appropriate drivers do not exist in 2k3SP1's inf folder and i386 the installation will hang during NIC initialisation and or AD population.

This has been traced to the fact that the 2003 Server CD never included workstation or laptop drivers only server based or generic oem adaptors.

You could add the driver to the cd which is a pain as it would need to be re-authored to keep it bootable or you can just jump to control panel during the GUI and install the drivers manually.

When I get a chance I will look at adding this to the floppy disk we use for partitioning - currently if you leave a floppy in the server with a winbom.ini file the set up routines will always look there for additional commands/paths and subroutines so these types of changes can be easily accomodated without the need to completely redo the cd just for a couple of incompatible NIC's.

Geoff

Thank Post

Thanks for the info will try installing NIC driver during GUI. Saw your answer in other thread. Have tried adding driver to 23K cd but just ended up with a blank screen. If I am unable to get the NIC working before the time out how do I complete the install manually?

Out of interest I am trying this on a what is supposed to be a server and not a workstation. It's a Fujitsu Siemens Econel 50 I hasten to add I did not recommend it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information