+ Post New Thread
Learning Network Manager Thread, Tutorials/books/resources for developing a virtual lab in Technical; I wanted to create a fully isolated virtual network using a Dell Poweredge T110 II that was specifically bought for ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Tutorials/books/resources for developing a virtual lab

I wanted to create a fully isolated virtual network using a Dell Poweredge T110 II that was specifically bought for the purpose, in order to test out Microsoft System Center Config Manager 2012. Does anyone have any links or recommendations of any online resources or books that cover setting something like this up from the ground up? So setting up the host OS, then the virtual DC etc etc.
    I have been using tutorials dotted around the web but they're so inconsistent. For example, I found one on Petri.il which was great, got to the end of part II and that was it, no part III. I was left stranded with a tutorial that was abandoned over 2 years ago.

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basicchannel View Post
    I wanted to create a fully isolated virtual network using a Dell Poweredge T110 II that was specifically bought for the purpose, in order to test out Microsoft System Center Config Manager 2012. Does anyone have any links or recommendations of any online resources or books that cover setting something like this up from the ground up? So setting up the host OS, then the virtual DC etc etc.
    I have been using tutorials dotted around the web but they're so inconsistent. For example, I found one on Petri.il which was great, got to the end of part II and that was it, no part III. I was left stranded with a tutorial that was abandoned over 2 years ago.

Many thanks
    I'm actually about to embark on the same journey as you as soon as the hyper v host has been setup.

We currently use SCCM 2007 R3 and I'm excited to see all the changes to make life a lot easier. My resources are from Windows-noob.com, where MVP Niall has some really good tutorials. I find his step by step guides are great and he includes screenshots for each step.

Here is part 1 of sccm 2012, just search for then other parts after this and by part 9, it will be over and setup

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5452-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-1-installation-cas/

3. Thanks to deano from:

basicchannel (5th December 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    thanks @deano. Can you tell me what sort of set up your using for your lab please?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread