+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Learning Network Manager Thread, iPad in school in Technical; Thinking about it the bank roll out was probably quite easy - They are using one app (mortgage brain) and ...

Thank Post
    Thinking about it the bank roll out was probably quite easy - They are using one app (mortgage brain) and probably email / calendars lock down app installation - create image and push out etc. Comparing the bank usage to school usage is a little unfair.

Thank Post
    Hmmm, well we have 30 iPads in school and I admit there was a learning curve, but I think it depends on how you want to use them.

10 of our iPads are for staff as a learning aid, they are basically their own iPads and they download apps they wish to use for demonstrations etc. We can control these with SCCM which gets linked with Exchange Activesync (so when they add their school email to the iPad)

The 20 iPads are for student use, they book them out for a lesson and use them much the same way as they would a laptop. For control of these we previously used Apple Configuration, but soon realised that it was not ready for the big show, so we change to Meraki which I would encourage anyone in this situation to have a look at. It works a lot like Configurator except it is all controlled from a web interface so you an add apps, wi-fi profiles etc from the web and it updates within 2/3 mins.

My next step of looking into this is with a Mountain Lion server that is currently in the post, if this is still a point of conversation after I have had a look I will post an update.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12