LOL! Well done HP, but I hate to say it, very typical of them.
They seem to do PCs in reasonable packaging - more reasonable than others, anyway, considering it has to be couriered. The lean foam wrapper things are a vast improvement on a brick of expanded polystyrene. Small stuff seems to defeat them though ("Oh noes, it might get burned by a courier!")
They aren't great at packaging, that's for sure. The one that irritates me the most is how their laptops are packaged.
1. Remove laptop from box - box contains polystrene to holid it secure (fair enough)
2. Remove laptop from foamy bag thing
3. Remove piece of foam from between keyboard and screen
4. Remove accessories box
5. Remove power supply from bag
6. Remove battery from bag
7. Remove modem cable from bag
8. Remove modem adapter from bag
9. Remove 2 pages of instructions from bag
10. Remove cd and further instructions from bag
That's 6 bags and 2 boxes for one laptop!!!