+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Teacher caught on tape bullying an autistic child in Fun Stuff; This video is NSFW due to the content from what the TEACHERS said in front of and to the child. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Blog Entries

Teacher caught on tape bullying an autistic child

This video is NSFW due to the content from what the TEACHERS said in front of and to the child.

I came across this on a dads only forum, and it struck a nerve. This guys composure is amazing, I would have been much more livid than he was.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sickening. Really is terrible and I hope his child is able to move forward from it fully. That sort of treatment is wrong regardless of age and circumstance but at that age they are so impressionable and take so much in, that it's just that bit worse. Unacceptable. They conversed about sterilsation - I sincerely hope this particular woman has it done because I'd really not want her to have kids.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You should watch the follow on video...he proves that the teacher is still working in the district

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bumping for the Monday morning crowd

Thank Post
    Ta for this... very interesting (as a parent of a severely autistic child myself).

Thank Post
    Wow. I'd like to say I was shocked by this video but no, I really wasn't. People have no respect or decency anymore. You find people like this in all professions that should be 'caring' professions - child care, nursing (especially nursing), people working in elderly care homes and dementia wards (I shan't go into too much detail about the dreadful indignities my grandmother suffered before she died, but suffice it to say they deliberately left her in urine-soaked bedding, ultimately leading to the MASSIVE infected bedsore that we believe led to her death from multi-organ failure). If you want my opinion, the humiliation this child suffered was the very smallest tip of a very large iceberg. I've seen cctv footage and read stories of teachers forcibly restraining autistic children by tying them to their seat and hitting them then blaming the bruises on the childs violence. Our nephew is mildly autistic and sometimes he can be a challenge so I can appreciate the distress their cruelty caused him as he wouldn't have the capacity to understand that they were lying to him. He took it at face value so telling a child he can't see his father is probably very frightening. I'd have found this video more shocking if there was evidence they had hit or restrained the child or refused him basic rights such as a toilet visit or a drink, but sadly, humiliation in the classroom and poor attitude are not in the least bit surprising to me in the world we live in today... Especially where vulnerable people are concerned - children, mentally or physically disabled people, the elderly or infirm - it makes me frightened to trust the care of my future children to anyone!

Edited to add: I must also confess to being terrified of ever needing long term care as I hate to imagine the abuse I'll suffer as an elderly person. I've already had a couple of horrible hospital experiences with surgeons telling me they will remove the wrong thing and anaethetists ignoring my distress and causing me a lot of pain! I hope assisted suicide is legal by the time I reach that level of need because I am not prepared to suffer this kind of abuse!
    Last edited by AMLightfoot; 30th April 2012 at 09:53 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread