+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, WOULD YOU SURVIVE A NUKE ? in Fun Stuff; I'd be ok as long as they were only tossing around 15 megatons at a time. Though the rumour round ...
  1. #16

    TechMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    3,282
    Thank Post
    225
    Thanked 403 Times in 300 Posts
    Rep Power
    161
    I'd be ok as long as they were only tossing around 15 megatons at a time. Though the rumour round these parts were that as we have a small but usable port near us we were a target. Most peoples idea seemed to be pack up the car, park in the port and watch the light show. Better to get it over and done with minimum fuss

  2. #17

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    does it just base it on a nuke falling on the nearest cities to you? if so, i'm dead if it lands in nottingham, and similarly dead if it lands in birmingham, leicester or sheffield.
    the more telling question is what happened to judgement day for the robots to decide sheffield and nottingham were a threat!

  3. #18

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,118
    Thank Post
    215
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    502
    welp, I'm boned.

  4. #19

    korifugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,018
    Thank Post
    221
    Thanked 311 Times in 176 Posts
    Rep Power
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    does it just base it on a nuke falling on the nearest cities to you? if so, i'm dead if it lands in nottingham, and similarly dead if it lands in birmingham, leicester or sheffield.
    the more telling question is what happened to judgement day for the robots to decide sheffield and nottingham were a threat!
    Strangely enough though - Derby is mostly fine. Obviously not important enough (What about Rolls Royce though?)

    Alive! but do you want to be?
    You live in the middle of no where or are lucky. The planet isnt looking good though. Get ready for some great skiing in the incoming nuclear winter!

  5. #20

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    Strangely enough though - Derby is mostly fine. Obviously not important enough (What about Rolls Royce though?)
    Exactly, with the 18 arms the people of Derby would each grow the Rolls Royce output would be phenomenal. Either that or the cyborgs just decided to go with a different engine

  6. #21

    sonofsanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    4,829
    Thank Post
    840
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    603
    If I'm at work, I die a slow agonising death from second degree burns and radiation poisoning.

    If I'm at home, I'm completely fine.

    Do you reckon the Head will sign that off as a reason to permanently work from home?

  7. #22

    korifugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,018
    Thank Post
    221
    Thanked 311 Times in 176 Posts
    Rep Power
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    Exactly, with the 18 arms the people of Derby would each grow the Rolls Royce output would be phenomenal. Either that or the cyborgs just decided to go with a different engine
    Exactly - I'm annoyed that good industrial business is always going out to other countries. If there's going to be an uprising of computers against their human opressors I'd like to think we'd at least get some of the business

  8. #23


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rural heck
    Posts
    2,662
    Thank Post
    120
    Thanked 434 Times in 353 Posts
    Rep Power
    126
    Yes, but since it would mean the complete destruction of Swindon I'd consider it to be a noble death.

  9. #24

    Oaktech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bournemouth
    Posts
    2,714
    Thank Post
    752
    Thanked 527 Times in 410 Posts
    Rep Power
    257
    i'm dead... unless i'm at my boss's house... he lives less than 4 minutes away from a convenient nuclear bunker!

  10. #25

    MK-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,237
    Thank Post
    149
    Thanked 581 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    Exactly - I'm annoyed that good industrial business is always going out to other countries. If there's going to be an uprising of computers against their human opressors I'd like to think we'd at least get some of the business
    I wonder if any skilled polish cyborgs will be brought over. [/wildlyofftopic]

  11. #26

    korifugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,018
    Thank Post
    221
    Thanked 311 Times in 176 Posts
    Rep Power
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by MK-2 View Post
    I wonder if any skilled polish cyborgs will be brought over. [/wildlyofftopic]
    Blummin' foreigners - coming over here, stealin' our oppression. [/tangent_time!]

  12. #27
    CAM
    CAM is offline

    CAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burgh Heath, Surrey
    Posts
    4,022
    Thank Post
    803
    Thanked 346 Times in 270 Posts
    Blog Entries
    60
    Rep Power
    278
    I'd survive anything up to a 1Mt Minuteman hitting London.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Which projector would you recomend
    By StewartKnight in forum Hardware
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 22nd October 2006, 02:02 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 7th September 2006, 01:14 PM
  3. What would you respond to this?
    By indiegirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th June 2006, 08:20 PM
  4. What features would you like to see
    By Dos_Box in forum Windows Vista
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th January 2006, 08:32 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •