+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Hit and Run, driver in Southall in Fun Stuff; The roads she drives on are the same ones I do everyday whilst going to work........

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts

Hit and Run, driver in Southall

The roads she drives on are the same ones I do everyday whilst going to work.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope to god she got put away for a long time

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I hope to god she got put away for a long time
    200 hours community service, 2 year ban and had to pay the victim 500 compensation. Apparently. Quite pathetic really.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thats rediculous...she was caught on camera as well?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,738 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hit & Run on a friday afternoon on the way home from school when I was 11 years old. The driver did a runner and disappeared for the weekend. The car was found on the Monday, but burnt out. He was found and arrested on the Tuesday. Said he had been away with a friend for the weekend and came back on Monday to find his car missing.

He finally admitted on the Thursday what he had done, but only because a friend of his family had been with him in the pub on the friday afternoon and had seen him drive off.

3 points for failing to stop and 3 points for failing to report an accident. Insurance settled out of court eventually.

He already had 9 points on his licence and was due to go to court the week after hitting me for another traffic offence, for which he got 5 points.

He was caught 6 months later driving whilst disqualified and without insurance.

He has been shopped many times over the last 25 years for traffic offences by family and former friends, and the most he has been put away for is 3 months.

Anything anyone can do to report someone who they know drinks and drives, drives without insurance or whilst disqualified ... do it ... before they do more damage.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I would rep that post tony (but cant as i have repped you recently) as it is quite simply one of the best posts i have seen...and it is advice that should be followed by everyone.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Too right, it's ridiculous what people get away with on the roads and it needs stamping on It still scares me how lots of people drive directly outside schools. Kids barely pay much attention to the road at the best of times but if you're not watching out for the hazards and generally paying attention, you deserve everything you get (and as the above post, probably more)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have seen all to often kids getting knocked down in my area (I live near 3 schools) and its a combination of faults between the drivers driving ridiculously and the children not paying attention, but the drivers should drive slower than 20 in a school area (15 max) because at 15mph, if a toddler got hit it would survive, compared to 20 if a toddler got hit it would die (as you get older you can withstand more but I do not condone faster speeds for high school areas etc).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I have seen all to often kids getting knocked down in my area (I live near 3 schools) and its a combination of faults between the drivers driving ridiculously and the children not paying attention, but the drivers should drive slower than 20 in a school area (15 max) because at 15mph, if a toddler got hit it would survive, compared to 20 if a toddler got hit it would die (as you get older you can withstand more but I do not condone faster speeds for high school areas etc).
    Need 2 average speed cameras on school roads, one at each end a few hundred meters apart or more and get some cameras in built into them at each end.

Am sure that would at least deter them from speeding in those areas.

Thank Post
    What a bitch. Oblivious to anybody else but herself, selfish people like her should be locked up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Always annoys me how pathetic the punishments are for traffic crime. Just watch any of the police shows on tv, following around various units. You'll regularly see people being chased by the police, with them risking people's lives all over the place, then at the end 'disqualified for 2 years'. Pathetic really.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Always annoys me how pathetic the punishments are for traffic crime. Just watch any of the police shows on tv, following around various units. You'll regularly see people being chased by the police, with them risking people's lives all over the place, then at the end 'disqualified for 2 years'. Pathetic really.
    What annoys me more is when they were caught doing something red handed, and you hear "The people who did blah blah blah blah... were later released without charge." Not even a slap on the wrist.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Need 2 average speed cameras on school roads, one at each end a few hundred meters apart or more and get some cameras in built into them at each end.

Am sure that would at least deter them from speeding in those areas.
    Unfortunately some of the worst drivers are the parents so by the time they drop little Jonny off and get back up to speed ready to kill one of his school mates average speed cameras will be no use.

The other day I saw a parent drop off a car in a megane with dents all over it, and I mean the entire car was smashed to bits. One whole side looked as though it had ran along a crash barrier for 100 yards, it was that bad, no paint left at all. And these people are allowed the drive into a school where kids are!?????

Anyone else see anything ironic with this post about what happens when you drive on the wrong side of traffic islands?
    Last edited by j17sparky; 10th July 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Anyone else see anything ironic with this post about what happens when you drive on the wrong side of traffic islands?
    Is that a veiled reference to Mattx bike video?

I think it's pretty poor to tar everyone with the same brush. The woman had, quite obviously, little or no road sense, as you can see from the whole video. In defence of Mattx (and I'm no biker) he appeared to show a LOT more road sense, and vision.

Cheap shots are just that.....cheap!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 852 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh shi-

The sheer self-centredness of some people is still astonishing, even to my cynical eye. The arrogance just beggars belief.

Given that I have an hour long drive to work each morning, I've spent a fair amount of time experimenting with driving styles on the road, and driving aggressively, overtaking at every opportunity, pushing as hard as I can gets me to work all of about 2 minutes quicker than leaving a big breaking gap and not worrying about it, so long as I'm trundling along at 50 or more. I'm also much more relaxed and fuel efficient the latter way, and have yet to nearly kill an elderly gentleman in my dash to work, so I suspect that chilling the *&%^ and co-operating with other road users instead of competing is much the better way to drive.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast