+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, In response to the wonderful BBC headline of "stabbing burglars will be legal" in Fun Stuff; In response to the wonderful BBC headline of "stabbing burglars will be legal" burglary.jpg...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts

In response to the wonderful BBC headline of "stabbing burglars will be legal"

In response to the wonderful BBC headline of "stabbing burglars will be legal"

burglary.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,485 Posts
    Blog Entries
    oooooh this means I can use Aikido and Ju Jitsu on them and inflict a whole world of pain to subdue them! joint locks and grapples....oooooh I feel sorry for them...actually no I dont, they burgle me, I hurt them!

Thank Post
    When I lived in Texas, it was widely accepted that you need to make sure you kill any intruder. That way he can't sue you.

When considering that, don't forget they arm bears over there.

Thank Post
    I cant understand how Fathers out there can not do anything knowing theres a man who has broken his way into your own house while your wife and son/daughter is sleeping. God only knows what that burglar would do to them if they were that type of person. Yet the father cant really do anything to protect them incase HE gets put in jail? seriously WTF.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    When considering that, don't forget they arm bears over there.
    Must admit... made me read twice!

I do hate the backwards justice system that we live in. I'm sick of hearing people getting sued becaused they defended themselves. I hate to say it, but I know I'd go nuts on anyone in my house. I also know I'd end up in prison for it. And that my dog that would most likely take part would be put down for it.

I was at a festival last year, where some drunken, and most likely drugged (I know at least one was, because he was convinced that he was a band manager for a failing boy band, and was very emotional... another story though), teenagers started rioting in the camping areas. It started right next to my tent, I had to swiftly pack up and join forces with another camp to avoid my belongings getting burned to the floor. The camp security are authorised to use "necessary force" to restrain people, but that's only in self defense. These kids were burning everything, but security could do nothing because the guards could get sued, as they were not defending themselves. I know this because I stayed up all night, and was chatting with the morning watch in the wake of the aftermath. They could get sued if they started restraining people without being smacked in the face first. They basically had to wait for the police to arrive.

Sad, sad system.

Anyway, loved the poster.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread