+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, My ride home from work..... in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by mattx Thats the one - got it from 7dayshop and it was 12 [ without the SD ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Thats the one - got it from 7dayshop and it was 12 [ without the SD Card ]
    I modified a head torch I picked up from the 1 shop - took the lamp off and fitted the camera to the plate using the bracket supplied with the camera and some velcro. I wear it when I go cycling around some of the less salubrious areas near where I live and I know there's going to be pond-life around. The look on the chavs faces when they realise they're being filmed is priceless.

Thank Post
    Wearable Micro DV Camcorder World&#39s Smallest with High Resolution Image: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure for a cheaper one then posted above..

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    If it's ok with some of the car drivers I will be using it if I get time to inspect my Bees this evening - I'll try and attach it to my Bee suit.....only of course if the car drivers think it's safe to do so..... Don't want to go and upset them now do we.......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If it's ok with some of the car drivers I will be using it if I get time to inspect my Bees this evening - I'll try and attach it to my Bee suit.....only of course if the car drivers think it's safe to do so..... Don't want to go and upset them now do we.......
    Bee-have winding them up

(I'm not a biker but quite enjoyed watching the ride)

Thank Post
    @jamesb no threat was implied, I have been a biker at times and a cyclist and a car driver and have driven trucks...in none of these activities have I been involved in a RTI in over 30 years on the roads and I still have an unblemished licence.

I have managed this not by being super confident in my own abilities but instead being alert to the failings of other road users.

I have made mistakes while driving of course but so far by giving myself a reasonable safety margin for these errors I have avoided any unpleasant consequences...

I am not trying to suggest that I am any better than anybody else but I have known too many friends and family that have been hurt or killed on the roads to wish the same fate on anybody else.

As for being labelled "an angry car driver" I resent that remark because my being angry has nothing to do with being a car driver. I get angry with rude, aggressive or inconsiderate people in all situations...especially at school

As for the bees @mattx, have fun...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Bee-have winding them up

(I'm not a biker but quite enjoyed watching the ride)
    Sorry - could not help beeeeeeing a bit naughty......

Thank Post
    Buzz off Matt

Thank Post
    The Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road - You are allowed to ride in them, just don't cross them..
    You cross them plenty of times, often going around the wrong side of a traffic island.

I've been a biker most of my life and will only over-take where I think it's safe or I know I can do so without putting myself or others in danger. I know my limits and the limits of my bike.
    If I ever get pulled I'll try that one eh, you reckon it will fly?

If you don't like my style of riding - not my problem. You can sit quite happily in your traffic jam thanks........
    Do all bikers honestly think that is why a lot car drivers don't particularly like bikers? Maybe you should watch your video again, that's why people don't like bikers.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 25th May 2011 at 11:00 AM.

Thank Post
    from a bikers view, very nice riding, but from a drivers view, alot of people would of very annoyed then.

Thank Post
    that's why people don't like bikers
    As I said before...It's not that I don't like bikers, they are just people like anybody else...what I hate are dangerous road users whatever mode of transport they choose.

@mattx posted a video and having watched it I am of the opinion that he carried out several unsafe (and in some cases illegal) manoeuvres.

Oh and BTW @mattx I am not particularly worried about what method you choose to end your life (bees included) but I am worried that you may take me or someone I know with you.

Thank Post
    Do all bikers honestly think that is why a lot car drivers don't particularly like bikers? Maybe you should watch your video again, that's why people don't like bikers.
    The reason is simple - they see Bikers getting to their destination quicker, they see bikers filtering traffic, they see bikers being allowed to ride in some bus and cycle lanes. I think it's called Jealousy ?

Thank Post
    I think it's called Jealousy
    There is definitely no jealousy from me...in the cold and wet I stay warm and dry...that's mostly why I gave up bikes (both motorized and man powered).

Having said that the cost of fuel has me considering a return two wheels...for the cost savings though and no other reason...

Thank Post
    This thread is shocking. The bloke wanted to show off his new camera, and then people start jumping on his back about how he rides his bike.

Get a grip people!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The reason is simple - they see Bikers getting to their destination quicker. I think it's called Jealousy ?
    but to be fair, if i were in a car and decided to go into oncoming traffic and around pedestrian refuges i would get there quicker....albeit illegally and unsafely

Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    This thread is shocking. The bloke wanted to show off his new camera, and then people start jumping on his back about how he rides his bike.
    Get a grip people!!
    so if i bought a new camcorder and filmed myself injecting heroin into young kids, you'd be fine watching it because although it shows something illegal and unsafe, you would be concentrating on the frames per second and compression of the video?

and before anyone moans, im not comparing this video to taking heroin, merely saying that both videos would contain something that breaks the law

Thank Post
    Bit extreme don't you think?! He didn't do it to show off his biking skills. He did it show off the camera.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast