+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Computing Jokes in Fun Stuff; Jesus and Satan have a discussion as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours ...

Thank Post

Computing Jokes

Jesus and Satan have a discussion as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come to an agreement to hold a contest, with God as the judge.
    They sit themselves at their computers and begin. They type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for several hours straight. Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over.
    He asks Satan to show what he has come up with. Satan is visibly upset, and cries, "I have nothing. I lost it all when the power went out."
    "Very well, then," says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better."
    Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers. Satan is astonished.
    He stutters, "B-b-but how? I lost everything, yet Jesus' program is intact. How did he do it?"
    God smiled all-knowingly, "Jesus saves."

An artist, a lawyer, and a computer scientist are discussing the merits of a mistress. The artist tells of the passion, the thrill which comes with the risk of being discovered. The lawyer warns of the difficulties. It can lead to guilt, divorce, bankruptcy. Not worth it. Too many problems. The computer scientist says "It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. My wife thinks I'm with my mistress. My mistress thinks I'm home with my wife, and I can spend all night on the computer!"

The following is a conversation overheard as Bill Gates was moving into his new house...
    Bill: "There are a few issues we need to discuss."
    Contractor: "Ah, you have our basic support option. Calls are free for the first 90 days and $75 a call thereafter. Okay?"
    Bill: "Uh, yeah... the first issue is the living room. We think its a little smaller than we anticipated."
    Contractor: "Yeah. Some compromises were made to have it out by the release date."
    Bill: "We won't be able to fit all our furniture in there."
    Contractor: "Well, you have two options. You can purchase a new, larger living room or you can use a Stacker."
    Bill: "Stacker?"
    Contractor: "Yeah, it allows you to fit twice as much furniture into the room. By stacking it, of course, you put the entertainment center on the couch... the chairs on the table... etc. You leave an empty spot, so when you want to use some furniture you can unstack what you need and then put it back when you're done."
    Bill: "Uh... I dunno... issue two. The second issue is the light fixtures. The bulbs we brought with us from our old home won't fit. The threads run the wrong way."
    Contractor: "Oh! That's easy. Those bulbs aren't plug and play. You'll have to upgrade to the new bulbs."
    Bill: "And the electrical outlets? The holes are round, not rectangular. How do I fix that?"
    Contractor: "Just uninstall and reinstall the electrical system."
    Bill: "You're kidding!?"
    Contractor: "Nope. Its the only way."
    Bill: " Well... I have one last problem. Sometimes, when I have guests over, someone will flush the toilet and it won't stop. The water pressure drops so low that the showers don't work."
    Contractor: "That's a resource leakage problem. One fixture is failing to terminate and is hogging the resources preventing access from other fixtures."
    Bill: "And how do I fix that?"
    Contractor: "Well, after each flush, you all need to exit the house, turn off the water at the street, turn it back on, reenter the house and then you can get back to work."
    Bill: "That's the last straw. What kind of product are you selling me?"
    Contractor: "Hey, if you don't like it nobody made you buy it."
    Bill: "And when will this be fixed?"
    Contractor: "Oh, in your next house -- which will be ready to release sometime near the end of next year. Actually it was due out this year, but we've had some delays..."

A man walks into a Silicon Valley pet store looking for a monkey. The storeowner points towards three identical looking monkeys in politically correct, animal-friendly natural mini-habitats.
    "The one to the left costs $500," says the storeowner.
    "Why so much?" asks the customer.
    "Because it can program in C," answers the storeowner.
    The customer inquires about the next monkey and is told that "That one costs $1500, because it knows Visual C++ and Object-Relational technology."
    The startled man then asks about the third monkey.
    "That one costs $3000," answers the storeowner.
    "$3000!" exclaims the man. "What can that one do?"
    To which the owner replies, "To be honest, I've never seen it do a single thing, but it calls itself a Consultant."

Thank Post
    Sometimes when my internet is down, I forget that the rest of my Computer still works.

Thank Post
    A British company is developing Computer chips that store music in women's breast implants.

A company spokesperson declares this a major breakthrough, as women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts without listening to them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djm968 View Post
    A British company is developing Computer chips that store music in women's breast implants.

A company spokesperson declares this a major breakthrough, as women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts without listening to them.
    I'm sure there's something rude and smutty that could be said to that about headphones, but I'll resist it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread