+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Ban for drink-driving at 5mph on scooter in Fun Stuff; Clicky...

Thank Post

Ban for drink-driving at 5mph on scooter

Thank Post
    Well he wasn't actually 'banned' because you don't need a license...

Thank Post
    If I remeber rightly, you can loose your licence for ridning home on your bicycle.

Personnaly I agree with the ban. Ipswich has a lot of mobility scotters going round, seen a few being used as 'family transport' with 'nan' in the seat and three nippers clinging on for dear life.

You used to get busted in Germany for sleeping off a rough night on the back seat of your car. If you have the keys, you are in charge of it, not sure if their attitude has changed since I was last there. (Not ME by the way!)

Thank Post
    You don't have to have one to get banned. Not that he is ever likely to want one now.

A 12 year old got banned in the village a good few years ago. Laughed at it as he thought it would run out before he was 16.

"Wrong!"

(Things change and I stand corrected if some do-gooder has changed THAT particular law)

Thank Post
    One annoying thing about the scooters though, is when they are driven on the road. They are dangerous. Stick to the paths!

Thank Post
    All transport is relevant!

My brother has been cautioned for drink driving his electric wheelchair on a few occasions, although we did ask how he was meant to get home from the pub to which we received no answer!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pscott View Post
    All transport is relevant!

My brother has been cautioned for drink driving his electric wheelchair on a few occasions, although we did ask how he was meant to get home from the pub to which we received no answer!
    I think it's referred to as riding recklessly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    You used to get busted in Germany for sleeping off a rough night on the back seat of your car. If you have the keys, you are in charge of it, not sure if their attitude has changed since I was last there.
    That's also the law here - if you haven't been driving it (or they can't prove you were) then you're "drunk in charge of". And that's from watching Police Interceptors, Road Wars, etc. not personal experience!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    One annoying thing about the scooters though, is when they are driven on the road. They are dangerous. Stick to the paths!
    There are 2 types of scooter out there .. one that is limited to 5mph which can be driven on a path, one that isn't (which ok only does around 8mph - 12mph) and these legally have to be driven on the road and need to be fitted with the correct lighting as well ..

The other thing is that there is a small law somewhere that to be used on the road they must be registered with the DVLA as well and technically then require insurance when being used on the road as they are motorised vehicles .. and it is recommended to get insurance for the lower class ones as well as the cases of people being "run over" by them were on the increase ..

I used to work for a disability advice company and the stuff you learn! lol ..

Thank Post
    What is the point of taking a licence away from someone for riding a vehicle that does not require a licence?

Fine him, but really taking a licence away when he does not even own a car is ridiculous.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICT_GUY View Post
    Fine him, but really taking a licence away when he does not even own a car is ridiculous.
    Just shows how black and white our judicial system can be. Thats why the police love speeders, you are either above the speed limit or you are not, simples, just like the police.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pscott View Post
    LOL! That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time! You can picture the coppers face trying to work that one out..... "eurgh, is anyone else sober enough to drive it home for him?"

Its a very good point tho, the law states one thing, common sense should however dictate!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand HOW this is newsworthy???

The guy says it's a fair cop, gets a fine....What is news about that?

Can you imagine if a car had come round the bend, to see this joker, drunk and driving erratically? Accident waiting to happen. If they are trying to instigate some sympathy for him, then they've failed. He deserves all he gets!

Harsh, but fair, I think!

Thank Post
    I don't agree with this at all. A mobility scooter is not a car, it has no way near the damage causing potential of a car. 5mph is not much faster than walking! I am also gutted, as I was planning on using my grans old mobility scooter to ferry myself to and from the pub

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polski View Post
    If I remeber rightly, you can loose your licence for ridning home on your bicycle.
    That's correct a teacher at the first school I worked in lost his licence for a year for exactly this.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast