+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, England's Disallowed Goal: I Am Told It Would Not Have Counted Anyway in Fun Stuff; However I am not convinced. Here is the photographic evidence: Joking aside I guess Germany were the better team on ...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 884 Posts
    Blog Entries

England's Disallowed Goal: I Am Told It Would Not Have Counted Anyway

However I am not convinced. Here is the photographic evidence:

Joking aside I guess Germany were the better team on the day?

Thank Post
    We had a disappointing performance first round, but managed to delude ourselves that scraping a 1 - 0 win over a third rate team meant we could do it, then back to the disappointment again!

love the pic - the keeper looks like someone threw a blow up doll on to the pitch!

Thank Post
    The FA needs to look at exactly what it thinks its playing at and drop some of these over paid, waste of space so called "stars" and start building a new team of younger, hungrier and more patriotic players who deserve their spot.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    The FA needs to look at exactly what it thinks its playing at and drop some of these over paid, waste of space so called "stars" and start building a new team of younger, hungrier and more patriotic players who deserve their spot.
    Indeed John Terry was missing for every single goal, he was probably still crying at losing the captaincy or chatting up the linesmans wives, either way he should be dropped and never play again for England, no pace and overrated.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Since the inception of the Premier League, the majority of money generated in the English game has gone to a few clubs at the top. As these huge sums do not filter down, the gap is growing, to the detriment of the England National team.

We have no players of sufficient quality to be signed by any clubs in the major European leagues. And any that are, are content to pick up their wages at Chelsea, ManU, Liverpool etc etc, knowing that they'll pick up a few medals, and look good.

This is where the national side falls down.

The most abject performances I've ever seen at a tournament from an England side. Even worse than the Euros of 88 & 92.

However, I feel a small crumb of comfort in the fact that at least we GET to major championships.....which is more than can be said for some teams!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only teams bringing out decent english players from youth academies are Tottenham and West Ham, and they then go on to sign them. We need more clubs looking at grass roots players (as Kevin Keegan does, and is a big advocate for)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    The only teams bringing out decent english players from youth academies are Tottenham and West Ham, and they then go on to sign them. We need more clubs looking at grass roots players (as Kevin Keegan does, and is a big advocate for)
    Rubbish! There are loads of teams bringing through youth! I know from first hand experience that Villa's youth set-up is one of the best and we will be bringing lots of new young players into the Villa and I hope national side in the coming years.

Take a look at the academy leauge and see for your self - Premier Academy League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank Post
    It's obvious that our so called best English players are unable to perform without their foreign colleagues to feed them decent balls like they do at club level. Rooney is a prime example of this but he is not alone.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Rubbish! There are loads of teams bringing through youth! I know from first hand experience that Villa's youth set-up is one of the best and we will be bringing lots of new young players into the Villa and I hope national side in the coming years.

Take a look at the academy leauge and see for your self - Premier Academy League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Sorry, I think you mis-interpreted what I meant. I meant bringing through players of international quality. (John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ledley King, Jermaine Defoe for example)

Thank Post
    International Quality and John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ledley King, Jermaine Defoe is an oxymoron.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    hahaha, well you understand what I mean though!

Thank Post
    In my view the problem with football in this country is the need for immeidiate success. If some of the young players that come through from many exellent academies and smaller clubs are given time to develop then we can look to producing a team that will win competitions. However we seem to expect that players will be like Rooney and Lampard and make an impact at a very early age. The top teams also appear to be more than happy to buy talent where it is needed rather than develop it.

Thank Post
    absolute shower of s**t yesterday

Germany were there for the taking at 2-1.

All England had to do was compose themselves.

Upson should have been nowhere near the squad in the first place but Terry was ridiculous, charging up the field.

Our defending at corners was awful, leaving no one at the back.

I hope this is goodbye to the "Golden Generation" and the players get the blame finally.

I would love to see some of the under 21s step up, see what they got.

I see this morning so called "pundits" are blaming foreign players, Capello, not playing gerrard and rooney together and everyone except the players.

typical

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Sorry, I think you mis-interpreted what I meant. I meant bringing through players of international quality. (John Terry, Frank Lampard, Ledley King, Jermaine Defoe for example)
    There are lots -
    Ashley Young (Watford Youth) completely over looked despite being the best English Winger this season and last.
    Darren Bent (Ipswich Youth) scored 24 goals in a poor Sunderland team last season - overlooked.
    James Milner (Leeds Youth) only just coming into form - future England captain (in my opinion)
    Joe Hart (Shrewsbury Town Youth) Future England No.1

These are ones I am familiar with and im sure just a sample of many!

Thank Post
    I have heard that Heskey had been hitting the net almost non stop before the Germany game!!!

Proof that he is **** at tennis as well as football

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast