+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, BP spill in Fun Stuff; http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/4320458...spill+sign.jpg...
  1. #1
    theeldergeek
    Guest

    BP spill


  2. #2

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,536
    Thank Post
    1,631
    Thanked 500 Times in 307 Posts
    Rep Power
    220
    Wait, Mericans dont do irony!!

  3. #3

    Andrew_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,093
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 407 Times in 308 Posts
    Rep Power
    166
    Something I've never understood; American pumps latch on, and cut out when the tank is full. Why don't ours?

  4. #4

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,536
    Thank Post
    1,631
    Thanked 500 Times in 307 Posts
    Rep Power
    220
    Because we can be trusted to fill our own tanks and make judgements on our required fuel requirements?

  5. #5
    Mcshammer_dj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    981
    Thank Post
    38
    Thanked 178 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    Something I've never understood; American pumps latch on, and cut out when the tank is full. Why don't ours?
    because we are generally not a bunch of lazy overweight hicks who can't understand how to fill or part fill a tank

  6. #6

    Andrew_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,093
    Thank Post
    64
    Thanked 407 Times in 308 Posts
    Rep Power
    166
    That aside, if you want to fill your tank, and top up the washer bottle / remove 1/4" of dead bugs from the screen, why not have an automatic system?

  7. #7

    creese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    -28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Posts
    3,258
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 375 Times in 304 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    That aside, if you want to fill your tank, and top up the washer bottle / remove 1/4" of dead bugs from the screen, why not have an automatic system?
    Try South Africa. Pull into a petrol station, you get your tank filled the the very last drop, a windscreen clean and no need to get out of the car at all.

  8. #8

    CHR1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    4,536
    Thank Post
    1,631
    Thanked 500 Times in 307 Posts
    Rep Power
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by creese View Post
    Try South Africa. Pull into a petrol station, you get your tank filled the the very last drop, a windscreen clean and no need to get out of the car at all.
    Isn't that because its safer to stay in the car??

  9. #9
    Mcshammer_dj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    981
    Thank Post
    38
    Thanked 178 Times in 143 Posts
    Rep Power
    96
    whats wrong with getting the bloke at the traffic lights to clean your Windows with a manky looking rag and water that look more like drain water?

  10. #10

    creese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    -28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Posts
    3,258
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 375 Times in 304 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Isn't that because its safer to stay in the car??
    Not always. It's best to drive around anyone laying in the road and put your foot down though. I've never felt unsafe over there but that could be my 70's N Ireland training.

  11. #11

    creese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    -28° 31' 48.89", +28° 25' 37.42" ... if only.
    Posts
    3,258
    Thank Post
    182
    Thanked 375 Times in 304 Posts
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshammer_dj View Post
    whats wrong with getting the bloke at the traffic lights to clean your Windows with a manky looking rag and water that look more like drain water?
    Didn't see many of them, it's usually fruit, or baked mud animals. I was offered some rocks, excess baggage would have been fun.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] BP Oil Spill Livefeed
    By jon_Walsh in forum Jokes/Interweb Things
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31st May 2010, 07:32 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •