+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, I hate Macs in Fun Stuff; This made me chuckle, it's so true as well Charlie Brooker on why he hates Apple Macintosh computers | Comment ...
    Thank Post

I hate Macs

Thank Post
    Well... I... ugh... just dont know what to say.

I would like to say that he brings up some valid points, but I really dont think he does. In fact, I'm not entirely sure that column should ever have made it on to the internet (or in to a newspaper)

It's not that he hates Mac's - some of my best freinds hate Mac's - but that he provides no real basis for it aside from a generalisation that all Mac users are pretentious d***s

Or am I missing the joke here

Thank Post
    His work is usually a rant about something, as he admits ranting doesn't have to have any real basis. He's generally funny though.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjFiTd2nmI4&feature=PlayList&p=7C46AC5A316 9D854&index=0&playnext=1"]YouTube- Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe - part 1/6 (BBCFOUR)[/ame]

It's not that he hates Mac's - some of my best freinds hate Mac's - but that he provides no real basis for it aside from a generalisation that all Mac users are pretentious d***s
    Well Macs are used almost exclusively in fashion an industry that has a high proportion of pretentious d***s of course that's another generalisation and as they say, all generalisations are false, including this one

I do think you missed the joke though he's not providing a 'technical' reason why he hates Macs he's talking about the 'image' and those annoying adverts.
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 22nd November 2009 at 11:53 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread