+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, [VIDEO] Technology is amazing, and nobody is happy - the IT support experience in Fun Stuff; Just ran across this video clip that perfectly sums up the IT support experience as told by a comedian. "I ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 2,303 Posts
    Blog Entries

Talking [VIDEO] Technology is amazing, and nobody is happy - the IT support experience

Just ran across this video clip that perfectly sums up the IT support experience as told by a comedian.
    "I was on an airplane, and there was Internet -- high-speed Internet on the airplane. That's the newest thing that I know exists. And I'm sitting on the plane, and they go, 'open up your laptop, you can go on the Internet.' And it's fast, and I'm watching YouTube clips. It's amazing. I'm in an airplane!

And then it breaks down. And they apologize [that] the Internet's not working, and the guy next to me goes, 'Phhh! This is bull$#@!"

Like how quickly the world owes him something he knew existed only ten seconds ago."
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jETv3NURwLc&eurl"]YouTube - Everything is amazing, nobody is happy...[/ame]

it points to a larger quirk in human nature that becomes ever more apparent the better personal technology becomes: We grow accustomed almost instantly to every advance. And the better it gets, the less satisfied we are with it.
    Well worth a watch.

Thank Post
    ďLike how quickly the world owes him something he knew existed only ten seconds ago."
    How does the author know that? The other person might have booked that plane knowing it had high speed internet with the plan to work remotely or video conference during the flight. The highspeed connation might have been a key point in picking that flight.

Just because the author didnít know it existed 10seconds ago doesnít mean everyone else on the plane didnít know.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread