+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Do you qualify to come to the UK? in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by j17sparky Letting any tom, dick and harry in without looking at the long term effects. And dont ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Letting any tom, dick and harry in without looking at the long term effects. And dont tell me its good for the economy as even our foolish govt. have had to admit they were wrong.
    Well. they got a lot of things wrong......this govt. is all about cocking up and then knee-jerk u-turns to save face.

And with unemployment set to go through the roof and sterling not looking as strong against other major currencies because of all that govt. borrowing and interest rate cuts, then a points system is moot given economic circumstances. For those with the skills and experience to enter they may find that there are more agreeable destinations. Who knows ?

Maybe the promise of 20% off at M&S this christmas will persuade them to park up here......

Thank Post
    Yep agree. Maybe the cut in VAT will help... Im betting on a decrease to 15%

Thank Post
    I don't qualify
    15 points short.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Passed for canada allthough that test is based on 2003 pass level.

Ben
    You bringing your family mate? Do they fly to Canada from Norwich? I'll book the tickets, you get some job interviews sorted. I'm too old and under-educated for the UK by the looks of things, but flew through the Canadian scores.

Thank Post
    Well i was right. VAT is 15%. Personally i cant see it makin that big of an impact, and thats if the retailers actually pass the saving on.

VAT cut brings a Christmas sale for all – but will it work? - Home News, UK - The Independent

Thank Post
    My eligibility is questionable. I either just hit or just miss depending exactly where the end of this year's income falls.

Based on last years, not a snowball's chance in hell.

Thank Post
    Thank god I'm a Commenwealth Citizen (Australian) with a British mother so I an entitled to 'Right of Abode'. I am also eligiable for registration as a British Citizen as per UK Border Agency | Can I register as a British citizen if I was born before 1983 to a British mother?. But the cost of doing that to the point of getting a passport in your hand is about £600, so haven't done it so far. Used to be cheaper at £180 but at that time Austrailain law prevented me taking out another citizanship. Almost as soon as that was changed in 2002 the UK government put their prices up...something about user pays I belive! More like trying to put people off!
    Last edited by eduabncs; 24th November 2008 at 11:12 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information