+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Why we donít understand as much as we think we do in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by torledo Ouch. Next you'll be calling me a fat, rich, naval gazing westerner with enough time on ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    Ouch. Next you'll be calling me a fat, rich, naval gazing westerner with enough time on his hands to come to the conclusion that he doesn't need god or a faith.

But for now idiot is fine......
    Worse you're a decadent western atheist communist and its a big conspiracy to stop the true word of god!

ďHe who believes in another world is not capable of concentrating all his passion on the transformation of this one."

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post
    Why because you have not explained your point properly?
    Well if you're that stupid there's no hope for you.

The point is I am not telling you to believe in anything in particular, belief is irrelevant outside of religion. I ask you look at the evidence available which will be true whether you believe in it or not.
    You made a statement explaining what I think. What everyone in your mind thinks that doesn't agree with your viewpoint. That is incredibly arrogant and ignorant. You're in good company with the dork.

You are attacking me rather than debating the point.
    What point? you made a statement about my thoughts. You made the statement, I pointed out the idiocy. We're debating nothing.

You're assuming a hell of a lot, knowing nothing of a persons viewpoint. Yet you have the arrogance to ridicule the unknown argument. Dorkins through and through.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Well if you're that stupid there's no hope for you.

You made a statement explaining what I think. What everyone in your mind thinks that doesn't agree with your viewpoint. That is incredibly arrogant and ignorant. You're in good company with the dork.

What point? you made a statement about my thoughts. You made the statement, I pointed out the idiocy. We're debating nothing.

You're assuming a hell of a lot, knowing nothing of a persons viewpoint. Yet you have the arrogance to ridicule the unknown argument. Dorkins through and through.
    Yet more attacks? It does not matter who presents a criticism or a defence; only the weight of the argument matters. Now, can you respond to my criticism? You cannot? Or you can but will not because you would rather attack me as presumptive and arrogant? I have never tried to say what you should, or even currently, actually believe. I have no interest in what you believe only in the evidence as it exists to everybody. We should not have to "believe". We should not have to keep "faith". We should only need to be persuaded on the merits of an evidence-based argument. If you say evidence is not important then you are not interested in rational discussion, which makes your religion irrational, doesn't it?

Things have come to a pretty pass
    Our romance is growing flat,
    For you like this and the other
    While I go for this and that,
    Goodness knows what the end will be
    Oh I don't know where I'm at
    It looks as if we two will never be one
    Something must be done:

You say either and I say either, You say neither and I say neither
    Either, either Neither, neither, Let's call the whole thing off.
    Last edited by somabc; 9th September 2008 at 11:10 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've been into it in great detail before on this forum somabc. Religious belief is in fact not at all based on irrational thought - quite the opposite. It's a process of rational deduction to arrive at a point of view. It necessarily isn't based on any material fact, and that isn't a problem at all. To deny that viewpoint is to deny an aspect of logic.

Dorkins doesn't accept anything is valid outside his own narrow field of expertise. A foolish position I'm sure you'd agree. But then it's his main source of income so you can see why he does it.

A worldview of science such as yours can deny anything not subject to it's own definitions. It's necessarily illogical when it suits. Pushing exclusivity in Education promotes theory to fact which isn't. I'm not a creationist, and I'm happy for religion to stay out of science. To me the both happily co-exist. I'm also happy for religious education to be all encompassing. If I were a religious Dorkins I'd want Christianity to be the only view taught.

It's acceptable for him to be so obscene, as it's the fashionable view.

Despite what you say, you aren't correct in your pigeon holing of a belief. You know nothing at all about it, like your illustrious hero.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12