+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Teenagers head swells to size of football in Fun Stuff; She vows never to drink alcohol again, okay I believe her...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    She vows never to drink alcohol again, okay I believe her

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    I wish i was a boring computer geek who didnt drink or have fun and then id feel good in myself for laughing at someone who tryed to have fun on holiday

oh I know I should ignore this but,

1) Learn to spell.

2) This is an IT professionals site, why are you on an IT site calling people a 'boring computer geek'?
    That is a massive waste of your time. Everyone here enjoys IT and is trying to forge a career. If you do not you are on the wrong site please go away. The name of the site should give you a clue.

3) I'm sure many of us do actually enjoy ourselves.
    Last edited by somabc; 5th September 2008 at 12:44 PM.

Thank Post
    IS that photo from the bbc news site her head pre-cocktail ?? If it is, she was already starting to look a bit puffy around the eye area.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    <snip> Absinthe alone is lethal stuff!
    But it does make the heart grow fonder.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somabc View Post

oh I know I should ignore this but,

1) Learn to spell.

2) This is an IT professionals site, why are you on an IT site calling people a 'boring computer geek'?
    That is a massive waste of your time. Everyone here enjoys IT and is trying to forge a career. If you do not you are on the wrong site please go away. The name of the site should give you a clue.

3) I'm sure many of us do actually enjoy ourselves.
    1) People have been told many a time not to tell people about their spelling yet you have. Besides its one spelling mistake, yet your whole post is full of grammatical errors. Is your life really that sad?

2) I am referring to the sad spoty goon who sits covered in food, smelling of god knows what, getting thrills out of acting big on the internet; such as all the people who laughed at someones misfortune. Im sure being predigest towards people was out-lawed on this forum? Or is it ok because she was drinking on holiday therefore she is a chav?

3) Come again?
    Last edited by j17sparky; 5th September 2008 at 02:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    But it does make the heart grow fonder.
    You could say that

Thank Post
    1) People have been told many a time not to tell people about their spelling yet you have. Besides its one spelling mistake, yet your whole post is full of grammatical errors. Is your life really that sad?

2) I am referring to the sad spoty goon who sits covered in food, smelling of god knows what, getting thrills out of acting big on the internet; such as all the people who laughed at someones misfortune. Im sure being predigest towards people was out-lawed on this forum? Or is it ok because she was drinking on holiday therefore she is a chav?

3) Come again?
    1) Why can I not point out spelling or grammatical errors, if I choose to do so? You have made several in each post predigest!?. You are either illiterate or too lazy to spell check?

For example your 1st post with errors highlighted -

I wish i was a boring computer geek who didnt drink or have fun and then id feel good in myself for laughing at someone who tryed to have fun on holiday[no full stop]
    2) You assume too much, it is perfectly possible to be 'normal' and find the thought of someone drinking a cocktail containing such disgusting ingredients and then their head swelling to the size of the football as funny. Much comedy is built on Black comedy, also known as black humour or dark comedy. It is a sub-genre of comedy and satire where topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo (such as death, rape, or domestic violence) are treated in a satirical or humorous manner.

3) You asserted that this site / thread was populated by 'boring computer geeks' I was pointing out that yes the users on the site are in IT, hence 'edugeek' so could be considered computer geeks. You are however insulting to suggest they are boring. We all have our own lives to lead. Please do not engage in offensive stereotyping.

This argument has run its course.
    Last edited by somabc; 5th September 2008 at 02:49 PM.

Thank Post
    This argument has run its course.
    lmao Why, because you said so?

End of is i know im right and you know you are a sad little man with a sad little existance.

Oh and btw if you are going to correct people on their language skills i suggest you brush up on them first

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1) Why can I not point out spelling or grammatical errors, if I choose to do so? You have made several in each post predigest!?. You are either illiterate or too lazy to spell check?

For example your 1st post with errors highlighted -
    Quite a number of people on here are dyslexic. Please understand that.

2) You assume too much, it is perfectly possible to be 'normal' and find the thought of someone drinking a cocktail containing such disgusting ingredients and then their head swelling to the size of the football as funny. Much comedy is built on Black comedy, also known as black humour or dark comedy. It is a sub-genre of comedy and satire where topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo (such as death, rape, or domestic violence) are treated in a satirical or humorous manner.
    I have to agree that this is funny. Not because of the suffering that someone has gone through, but because it is just a very strange thing to happen!

3) You asserted that this site / thread was populated by 'boring computer geeks' I was pointing out that yes the users on the site are in IT, hence 'edugeek' so could be considered computer geeks. You are however insulting to suggest they are boring. We all have our own lives to lead. Please do not engage in offensive stereotyping.
    I don't think I've ever met a single person who doesn't stereotype to some extent. Sure, complaining about boring geeks on this site is a poor choice, but then, we aren't boring geeks are we? So why take offense to it? Be proud of who you are, and comments like those posted shouldn't bother you.

lmao Why, because you said so?

End of is i know im right and you know you are a sad little man with a sad little existance.

Oh and btw if you are going to correct people on their language skills i suggest you brush up on them first
    The argument is going nowhere - all you are both doing is trying to slag each other off. There's no real point in continuing it, and the only real outcome would be the thread being locked and people possibly being warned for their behaviour. I'd say the best action would simply be to call a truce.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    no....
    Forum fight!

a barefisted cage match to the death!

Thank Post
    Damn I missed this arguement I've just been to off licence to stock up on Baileys, chilli, tequila, absinthe, ouzo, vodka, cider and gin.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbb View Post
    Damn I missed this arguement I've just been to off licence to stock up on Baileys, chilli, tequila, absinthe, ouzo, vodka, cider and gin.
    I on the other hand have decided to have a nice bottle of red (diesel)...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Quite a number of people on here are dyslexic. Please understand that.
    So you can never complain about poor spelling, lack of grammar and punctuation just in case someone is dyslexic. I don't think so.
    PS I do not consider a request for better spelling as an insult.

I have to agree that this is funny. Not because of the suffering that someone has gone through, but because it is just a very strange thing to happen!
    Yes it is funny that is why I posted it here. j17sparky disagrees for some odd reason and would rather throw insults around.

I don't think I've ever met a single person who doesn't stereotype to some extent. Sure, complaining about boring geeks on this site is a poor choice, but then, we aren't boring geeks are we? So why take offense to it? Be proud of who you are, and comments like those posted shouldn't bother you.
    Yes people stereotype, that does not make it OK though and at times they have to be called on it. Stereotyping IT professionals as geeks is out of order IMHO. I have had teachers say the same thing and I do find it offensive. We are Professionals trying to do a 'Job' and it is unfair that IT is singled out for this treatment. It takes years of hard work and study to become proficient at IT and I do not like to have it belittled and compared to someone who lives in their parents basement, with no personal hygiene and limited social skills. arguing with people on the web for fun (ala comic book guy in the simpsons).

The argument is going nowhere - all you are both doing is trying to slag each other off. There's no real point in continuing it
    I agree that is why I said end of the argument in my last post and will not be posting any more on this childish subject.

Thank Post
    I agree that is why I said end of the argument in my last post and will not be posting any more on this childish subject.

So why are you still posting? Bet you come back just to see if ive replyed, go on post a comment back i know you are dieing too lmao

If you do reply mabe you could answer this. How is calling someone a chav not an insult but calling someone a geek is? Or how about stereotyping someone who had a drunk on holiday is alright to do, but stereotyping people on the internet is wrong?

It is funny how hypocritical a vast number of people on here are, but that probably comes down to my first comment; as you so colourfully put it "ala comic book guy in the simpsons"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast