+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Dropbox Invites in Fun Stuff; Got 10 dropbox invites for anyone who wants one.. Dropbox - Home - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy. ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Dropbox Invites

Got 10 dropbox invites for anyone who wants one..

Dropbox - Home - Secure backup, sync and sharing made easy.

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,458 Posts
    Blog Entries
    PM Sent Russ

Thank Post
    Hmm

While you own the content contained in Your Files, you hereby grant all other Dropbox users a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use and exploit Your Files in your public folder. In addition, you hereby grant Dropbox users who have been given access to your shared folder a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use and exploit Your Files in your shared folder. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to grant these licenses.

"BY UTILIZING THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND/OR YOUR FILES, YOU CONSENT TO ALLOW DROPBOX TO ACCESS YOUR COMPUTER AND/OR ANY FILES THAT ARE PLACED IN THE ‘MY DROPBOX,’AND/OR ‘DROPBOX’ FOLDERS. BY PLACING FILES IN YOUR SHARED AND/OR PUBLIC FOLDERS, YOU CONSENT TO SHARE ACCESS TO THE CONTENT OF THOSE FOLDERS WITH OTHER DROPBOX USERS AND/OR THE PUBLIC"

Business Transfers. Dropbox may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.

Thank Post
    Er, yeah, I'm good thanks.......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcCoy View Post
    Hmm

While you own the content contained in Your Files, you hereby grant all other Dropbox users a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use and exploit Your Files in your public folder. In addition, you hereby grant Dropbox users who have been given access to your shared folder a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use and exploit Your Files in your shared folder. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to grant these licenses.
    So you are going to share you file in you shared folder how do you propose you let them look at it with out giving them pemision to look at it...

"BY UTILIZING THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND/OR YOUR FILES, YOU CONSENT TO ALLOW DROPBOX TO ACCESS YOUR COMPUTER AND/OR ANY FILES THAT ARE PLACED IN THE ‘MY DROPBOX,’AND/OR ‘DROPBOX’ FOLDERS. BY PLACING FILES IN YOUR SHARED AND/OR PUBLIC FOLDERS, YOU CONSENT TO SHARE ACCESS TO THE CONTENT OF THOSE FOLDERS WITH OTHER DROPBOX USERS AND/OR THE PUBLIC"
    errm you allow the software to see files that you place in ghe drop of folder well hope so or what is point of the software.

You allow people to see the shared files in the public/shared folder again hope so or what is point of having a shared folder lets have a shared folder but not allow people to access it .

It is saying files you put in shared folder will be shared which is what you want it to do files not in shared area stay private.
    Business Transfers. Dropbox may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.

Well that is bog standard in t & c 's we can sell the website to google if we wish

Sorry but think you need to reread t/c as you misunder stood most of legal speak. Have you read google and microsoft t/c about the same...

Russ

Russ

Thank Post
    I was just wondering how it worked thats all, you don't get something for nothing, and I did note they also use it to target you with advertising, although there is an opt out.

I'm sure there is quite a big difference between allowing the use of a shared file and giving up all your current and future rights to it, I just thought it was interesting that there are virtually no terms to protect the users privacy.

It's not really a service thats easy to make money from, I guess I'd just be worried that they would try to get lots of users and then fold, selling the information on for a token fee to another company.

"YOU CONSENT TO ALLOW DROPBOX TO ACCESS YOUR COMPUTER". This bit means it doesn't have to just stop at the drop box folder itself. (In caps, because thats how it is on the site).

The and/or could also covers changing between specified users AND the pubic, and the OR option instead, I'd prefer something a bit less vague.

I'm just very picky with what I'm willing to agree to.

Thank Post
    PM'd you russ

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bumpety. Here's my referal link!

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTk3NDc3MjU5

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread