+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, £60k Porsche pile-up for Jack, 93 in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 840 Posts
    Blog Entries

£60k Porsche pile-up for Jack, 93

Last edited by ZeroHour; 18th April 2008 at 03:22 PM.

PEO
    Thank Post
    bless him

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    When i first saw the picture i thought it happened in solutions-inc's car park in hove, the company owners have/had virtually identical 911's and the car park is not dissimilar, although it appears it was actually outside a porsche showroom in wales.

The carrera 2 (?) drop top in red is an absolute stunner.

kerrymoralee9280
    There was a 92 year old man who lived next door to us. He had this massive old saloon car with an automatic gear box. Watching him try to parallel park in the street was better than watching TV - so entertaining. Anyway, one day he wrote this car off by driving into my Dad's. He had some great insurance though because the courtesy car he got was a Peugeot 206 GTi or some equivelant sport version. This old guy having never driven a manual car since passing his test some many moons ago had getten a chav's dream.

He tried to pull away once which took him about 5 minutes after stalling and kangarooing only to write that car off.

Not so long back the old chap passed away but his daughter moved in next door - she owns a flower shop and has a big van. The amount of times we've p***ed ourselves laughing with her trying to parallel park it. I wouldn't move house ever!

My point being: Old people and women, as dear as they are, should not be allowed on the roads. (Get ready for onslaught...)

Thank Post
    60 Grand for two 14 year old Porkers and a £500 fiesta??? Your having a laff!

Butuz

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrymoralee9280 View Post
    My point being: Old people and women, as dear as they are, should not be allowed on the roads. (Get ready for onslaught...)
    Tehe, so true

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I was reading this.. this morning on the way to work, the guy looks like he dont even care in the pic of him lol..

He says he wont be driving again though lol.. so all the Porsche owners can relax

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    60 Grand for two 14 year old Porkers and a £500 fiesta??? Your having a laff!

Butuz
    You've got a point, particularly as it was 'just' some rear damage to the porkers (LOL , never heard that term before - will definitely be using it form now on

however those are classic designs imo, but not 60k's worth.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I heartily agree. The most dangerous thing on the roads are old people in my opinion. I see incident after incident and it's always some old bufoon at the wheel.

My girlfriend was hit - on the motorway - by an old git who didn't check his blind spot and pulled out into her. Had the cheek to blame her and claim she came "zooming" up past him. Sorry, but she aint zooming anywhere in her 1 litre Corsa.

I also watched a family jump out of the way of an old woman who reversed out of her parking spot into them. Then didn't hear the mum shouting at her!

Bloody useless. The body and its senses start giving up after a while, and people need to realise that you can't be as aware as you used to be of the many hazards on and around the roads. I'd be demanding driving licenses be handed in after a certain age tbh.

</rant>

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As Top gear put it - you don't hear about young people accidentally driving down the wrong side of the motorway.

Thank Post
    Reminds me of this...

YouTube - South Park - grey dawn horror trailer

OLD PEOPLE!!!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    As Top gear put it - you don't hear about young people accidentally driving down the wrong side of the motorway.
    Unfortunately, as it goes against my generalisation, ive seen one! Well he soon realised once he saw me coming up the sliproad towards him - looked rather sheepish lmao

I do agree though. Once you hit a certain age you should be sitting resits every so many years. Doesnt have to be a full exam, just a "are you safe behind the wheel"

As evident from my own parents, people will only stop driving when they are TOLD to stop (or like the case above, have an accident), very few will take it upon themselves to stop out of inability.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 744 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, once you hit 70 you should have your licence rescinded. An old bu@@er took me out in a carpark once. I was stationary and he just appeared from nowhere and demolished my front end. Then the old duffer tried to drive off. A passing police car saw it all and stopped him from leaving the car park. I just sat there speechless. Still don't know just how he managed to cause so much damage to my car by just reversing into it over a distance of ten feet.

Thank Post
    I sort of agree about the sentiments regarding oldies and driving.....but i think it's kinda sad that the old geezer is now consigned to a life on public transport to get around and remain independent. I wouldn't wish bus travel on my worst enemy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by torledo View Post
    I sort of agree about the sentiments regarding oldies and driving.....but i think it's kinda sad that the old geezer is now consigned to a life on public transport to get around and remain independent. I wouldn't wish bus travel on my worst enemy.
    Nothing wrong with public transport.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast