+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Tips for first time fathers in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by mark Being middle class to my mind certainly isn't linked to intelligence or any other virtue, more ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Being middle class to my mind certainly isn't linked to intelligence or any other virtue, more power and corruption and it's passing down.

How on earth is being middle class linked to power and corruption?

The reason I was saying anything about class at all is that torledo was using the word 'middle class' as a mild insult about baby carriers. (a sneer, actually).All I was saying was that if you are, or consider yourself to be, middle class, then what was wrong with that? I was not suggesting in the least that the middle class (if there is one) is better or worse than anyone else, or linked to intelligence or anything else - just that to sneer at it is unnecessary and pointless. And as I said- saying that you are 'working class' when you quite plainly are not is reverse snobbery, I think.
    People who think they are better than they are come from all walks of life - it's a human failing and after all, what right to we have to put ourselves above them and judge what they are or are not?
    Last edited by witch; 17th February 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Thank Post
    People who think they are better than they are come from all walks of life - it's a human failing and after all, what right to we have to put ourselves above them and judge what they are or are not?
    I don't put myself above anyone - I just avoid them like the plague! They're easy to spot - braggers, boasters, superior beings, usually have a stiff neck from looking down their nose at everyone and thing!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    How on earth is being middle class linked to power and corruption?

The reason I was saying anything about class at all is that torledo was using the word 'middle class' as a mild insult about baby carriers. (a sneer, actually).All I was saying was that if you are, or consider yourself to be, middle class, then what was wrong with that? I was not suggesting in the least that the middle class (if there is one) is better or worse than anyone else, or linked to intelligence or anything else - just that to sneer at it is unnecessary and pointless. And as I said- saying that you are 'working class' when you quite plainly are not is reverse snobbery, I think.
    Yes, take your point. Although I can't get away from the feeling that classes exist to put people up/ down - and the people on the bottom have every right to shoot at those higher up.

There are several ways of defining 'middle class' I think, and I have one interpretation that it's the management/ business owning class - who definitely have power, and that is unfortunately hard linked to corruption.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123