+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Beats by Dre purchased by Apple in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Garacesh Then again, maybe it's more to do with the device (I have a Sandisk/Sansa Clip for ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,808 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Then again, maybe it's more to do with the device (I have a Sandisk/Sansa Clip for an MP3 player) than the headphones?

nwavguy.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/sansa-clip-measured.html

As stated near the beginning of this review the Clip+ turned in excellent performance for just about any portable player, let alone a really tiny one under $40. While the iPod has the performance advantage in several areas I'm not sure any of them will result in audibly better sound quality. I am, however, fairly confident the lower output impedance and higher low distortion output power of the Clip+ are an audible advantage over the iPod with many headphones--especially balanced armature types such as most of the Etymotic IEMs, Shure IEMs, Ultimate Ear IEM's etc. These all tend to have wider impedance swings which, combined with the iPod's roughly 7 ohm output impedance, will create audible frequency response variations compared to the Clip+ (see the earlier graph). The flip side of this is some might actually prefer the "less flat" frequency response they get with the iPod. And some argue certain headphone makers "voice" their affordable portable products for use with iPods.

Thank Post
    Yes.

I know some of those words.

Thank Post
    I've got a Sandisk/ Sansa Fuze and I had the chance to compare it directly to an iPod 'classic' 80Gb, and to me the Sandisk sounded much better.

Recently bought a pair of Sennheiser Momentum on ears and had an experience I've heard about but never experienced, the "wow I've never heard that before in that song".
    Before I bought them I tried some Bose OE2's and B&W P3's, the Sennheisers sounded so much better to me, but sometimes I think the overall 'sound' of a particular brand just appeals to different people.

On the other hand, the only Apple product I own is an iPad Air and for my particular use case I think it's brilliant and wouldn't swap it for anything else. (I had a Sony Tablet S before that, which was pretty good but not a patch on the iPad IMHO)

Thank Post
    I don't think they will end up releasing beats as iPhone accessories for iPhones and the like, I think you'll find they are more likely to brand their hardware with the beats logo a bit like the HTC One did. I do have to say the sound quality is no different though my brother has the HTC One with Beats Audio and I have a Note 3, they sound exactly the same, it's the hardware and speaker that is meant to be beats branded not the headphones it comes with.
    The iPod and the like are terrible for sound quality, all my friends in school had the latest iPods but after around 2 months of research I settled on the Cowon S9 and I have never heard better sound quality from a device than that was in all my years, it was a brilliant bit of kit nothing I have heard matches up to that!

Once again it's a marketing technique from Apple persuading the younger "hipster" market to buy into their brand by shoving Dr Dre Beats Audio on the back of their devices it's all a gimmick and if the idiots that buy these devices do so because of the branding IMO they're idiots.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 837 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank Post
    I'd buy that (not the MePod)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    BEATS DON'T EVEN SOUND GOOD! YOU LOSE HALF THE MUSIC!!!

They make me irrationally angry. Musicians every where must weep if they hear their music through them!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post

They make me irrationally angry. Musicians every where must weep if they hear their music through them!
    They're the headphone equivalent of a 1000w subwoofer in the boot of a Ford Fiesta...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,765 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    They're the headphone equivalent of a 1000w subwoofer in the boot of a Ford Fiesta...
    Now you've made me want them!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    But.. But.. How else will everyone else know I listen to bangin' choons?

BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF BUMF

Thank Post
    Technically you lose half of the remaining music, the first half has already been lost by buying an mp3.

Can we please bring back quality audio formats and quality hardware brands? But then that would just show up the complete lack of effort that goes into mastering now - squash it until it sounds ok on a £5 mp3 player at 128kb, then squash it some more for good measure.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,246 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Now you've made me want them!
    Quick! Someone call the audio police!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Technically you lose half of the remaining music, the first half has already been lost by buying an mp3.

Can we please bring back quality audio formats and quality hardware brands? But then that would just show up the complete lack of effort that goes into mastering now - squash it until it sounds ok on a £5 mp3 player at 128kb, then squash it some more for good measure.
    The cowon would play FLAC and OGG, it was awesome although every music file I had on there was like 1,000 TB!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Now don't get me wrong, i can be a bit of a bass junkie, but I tried them with my music in HMV....i spent most the time trying to work out how if i could turn the mid range up on my iPhone...

(possibly the wrong terminology, i'm not a musician. I just like my music to sound good :P)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,108 Times in 1,448 Posts
    Blog Entries
    People buying Beats for iDevices aren't the sort of people who listen to music with any sort of subtlety.

Then again... I'm listening to this through my monitor speakers.
    Last edited by X-13; 13th May 2014 at 01:32 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast