+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, This is why we hate Traffic wardens in Fun Stuff; BBC News - Man in Bradford traffic queue given parking ticket A motorist who was waiting in a queue of ...

Thank Post

This is why we hate Traffic wardens

BBC News - Man in Bradford traffic queue given parking ticket

A motorist who was waiting in a queue of traffic in Bradford has been handed a parking ticket.

Victor Hankins's car was filmed by a mobile traffic enforcement vehicle in a bus stop - while he was in a queue at a red traffic light.
    They have cancelled the ticket but it should never have been issued in the first place!!!

Thank Post
    There was an incident in Brum three or four years ago, where people were ticketed for parking on double yellow lines, which the council painted in after they had parked. This isn't an isolated case. Here's one from the Derby Telegraph and there have been several others.

Thank Post
    Thing that annoys me is near the end
    He said: "I told them that I would be removing the appeal and I'd be seeing them in court and I wanted the camera operative in the court with me.

"At that point they overturned everything, apologised and the attitude couldn't have been more helpful and totally the opposite (from before)."
    Why did someone not look at this the first time he contacted them and say whoops, apologise profusely and cancel it. Why did it have to take the threat of court action to make them do anything and start acting appropriately?

Thank Post
    I remember similar case where someone got a parking ticket while they were reversing into a side street to turn round. The appeal only won because the reversing light were on in the picture. To be fair, the problem here isn't the traffic warden. Its mobile camera where they drive round an the pictures are reviewed the next day by someone who wasn't even there. They only capture one point in time. They should be banned as the evidence they provide doesn't stand up to any reasonable scrutiny, like who was driving even.

Thank Post
    I was walking the dog last night past a junior school which looked like it had parents evening. 2 cars were dumped on the hatches right outside the school whilst the fatty parents went in to collect their lazy kids. It was a bit wet though so I would hate Brittany to get wet. Was going to take a photo but wouldn't want them coming out and lambasting me for being a concerned parent.

Thank Post
    I once got a ticket for jumping a red light in Uxbridge. I put in the mitigating circumstances, "please refer to police incident 12345". I got a letter back saying they would not be prosecuting in this instance. No mention about the white van man who ran into the back of me at great speed. To be fair, they obviously bothered to check the incident number.

Thank Post
    I give you this

52f50553a017a.jpg

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danp View Post
    I give you this
    Assuming that no one was playing fast & loose moving cones; he got what he deserved!

Thank Post
    That looks like a sticker kit to me. Brilliant Idea if it is

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread