+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, The 25 Best Songs of 2013 (So Far) in Fun Stuff; I don't recognize any of them either, but I've barely listened to the radio since Chris Moyles last show....

Thank Post
    I don't recognize any of them either, but I've barely listened to the radio since Chris Moyles last show.

Thank Post
    Daft Punk - Get Lucky is the only decent song out this year!

Thank Post
    Haven't heard any on the first list, and only know who a handful of the artists are. Equal lack of name recognition for the top 100, though I own "Dancing in the Dark" (is it on an advert?) an "My Immortal"(I assume the version just below it is some heinous talentless show cover) on their original albums. I have also (I'm afraid) heard "Gangnam Style". I wish I hadn't.

Mind you, I never listen to the radio as whenever someone has it on I never hear anything I like. I possibly miss out on some good stuff (recently discovered Thirteen Senses "Into The Fire" and Elbow "One Day Like This" that apparently got play on release), but I'm pretty sure that the gems I might discover while listening to the radio would be far outweighed by the nausea induced by the huge amount of rubbish that would assault my ears.

The last radio station I heard and didn't hate was Radio Rivendell, but it's more "background" listening.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Haven't heard any on the first list, and only know who a handful of the artists are. Equal lack of name recognition for the top 100, though I own "Dancing in the Dark" (is it on an advert?) an "My Immortal"(I assume the version just below it is some heinous talentless show cover) on their original albums. I have also (I'm afraid) heard "Gangnam Style". I wish I hadn't.

Mind you, I never listen to the radio as whenever someone has it on I never hear anything I like. I possibly miss out on some good stuff (recently discovered Thirteen Senses "Into The Fire" and Elbow "One Day Like This" that apparently got play on release), but I'm pretty sure that the gems I might discover while listening to the radio would be far outweighed by the nausea induced by the huge amount of rubbish that would assault my ears.

The last radio station I heard and didn't hate was Radio Rivendell, but it's more "background" listening.
    RIVENDELL!!!!!! WE'RE LIVING IN THE STORY OF LOTRO??!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldrew View Post
    I don't recognize any of them either, but I've barely listened to the radio since Chris Moyles last show.
    Funnily enough that was about the time I dusted off my iPod too. He could be an obnoxious twot sometimes but for all his faults the CM breakfast show was good. I miss it. Can't abide the new DJ's - they all sound like they are still at school - complete with unnecessary cheering and 'woo'ing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    RIVENDELL!!!!!! WE'RE LIVING IN THE STORY OF LOTRO??!!
    Oh oh! No-one told you? Mind you, I would have thought it obvious that most of our politicians are in the employ of Sauron...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information