+ Post New Thread
Jokes/Interweb Things Thread, Road Rage Karma in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts

Road Rage Karma

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I'm probably the only one who'll think this, but why didn't the guy who needed to get over indicate (I can't see them, could be wrong) and pull over in good time instead of drifting across as late as possible and expecting everyone to get out of his way?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Awesome

Unfortunately I don't have video evidence of this (much as I'd love it!) but a couple of months back an idiot in an MG tried to swerve round me to undertake. He floored it to get round, must have hit 70 before he realised he'd just tried to undertake in a very short bus lane. Slammed his breaks on in vain - his lovely new sports car crashed head on in to a bus shelter. Fortunately there was nobody in the bus shelter, and I did wait until I saw him get out of his car in one piece before I started laughing, never witnessed karma in such beautiful action before

Thank Post
    I'm just glad i've never learned to drive and never will lol.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Awesome

Unfortunately I don't have video evidence of this (much as I'd love it!) but a couple of months back an idiot in an MG tried to swerve round me to undertake. He floored it to get round, must have hit 70 before he realised he'd just tried to undertake in a very short bus lane. Slammed his breaks on in vain - his lovely new sports car crashed head on in to a bus shelter. Fortunately there was nobody in the bus shelter, and I did wait until I saw him get out of his car in one piece before I started laughing, never witnessed karma in such beautiful action before
    Lovely. I had something very similar happen some years back. Some numpty in a Peugeot 206 with a big wing on the end was zig-zagging his way through the morning traffic on the A46. It was dark and wet and lots of spray. He undertook me at around 70 - 80 miles an hour - straight in to the line of traffic cones that were filtering the traffic from three lanes to two. Big traffic cones. His bonnet and windshield didn't look too happy when he came to a halt. I drove past and waved.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Lovely. I had something very similar happen some years back. Some numpty in a Peugeot 206 with a big wing on the end was zig-zagging his way through the morning traffic on the A46. It was dark and wet and lots of spray. He undertook me at around 70 - 80 miles an hour - straight in to the line of traffic cones that were filtering the traffic from three lanes to two. Big traffic cones. His bonnet and windshield didn't look too happy when he came to a halt. I drove past and waved.
    Bet he was a chav.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Bet he was a chav.
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    with a big wing on the end
    'nuff said.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    I'm probably the only one who'll think this, but why didn't the guy who needed to get over indicate (I can't see them, could be wrong) and pull over in good time instead of drifting across as late as possible and expecting everyone to get out of his way?
    Personally, I think they were both in the wrong.

The guy who wants to pull over is waiting on the charity of the guy inside.

The guy inside could easily have backed off, and let him slide in. He chose not to. Rude!

The guy on the outside should have just accepted it.

But much like other aspects of society...the "be first at all costs" attitude took over and neither would yield to the other.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Personally, I think they were both in the wrong.
    Maybe the guy who was already in the lane was concerned that the guy behind him was too busy with his camera to brake in time!

I take your point, but have to confess that I'd probably have done the same in similar circumstances (and occasionally do). It's not that I want to be first (I let out/slow down/hold back for far more cars than ever return the favour - if they have the courtesy to indicate and aren't driving like Robert Soles) but more that I don't like bullies, and firmly believe that failing to stand up to them only encourages their power trips. Possibly a character flaw, but I'd say it's less of one than expecting everyone else to kowtow to your demands.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    Maybe the guy who was already in the lane was concerned that the guy behind him was too busy with his camera to brake in time!

I take your point, but have to confess that I'd probably have done the same in similar circumstances (and occasionally do). It's not that I want to be first (I let out/slow down/hold back for far more cars than ever return the favour - if they have the courtesy to indicate and aren't driving like Robert Soles) but more that I don't like bullies, and firmly believe that failing to stand up to them only encourages their power trips. Possibly a character flaw, but I'd say it's less of one than expecting everyone else to kowtow to your demands.
    I broadly agree with your post....but for the last 14 years (since a big road rage incident....not MINE, I hasten to add!) I have taken the view that a second on the road to let an idiot go, or someone out of a turning is hardly going to make me late/spoil my day! Sometimes, I DON'T let them out....just to be pig-headed...or if they're driving a Beemer!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 898 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's a dashcam, most people with a car worth anything, and nearly all commercial drivers use them as insurance is a pig over there.

Thank Post
    I found it funny but its a 50/50 on whos to blame/what they should have done.

I had a chavmobile once sit on my rear end along a single carriageway and was constantly trying to over take at any gap he thought was safe so he would be pulling out and then back in if he saw a car. I was doing the speed limit. Once he had found a space to overtake and was level with me on the wrong side of road I shifted down, foot to the floor and was away, he then had to pull in behind me again. What I did was stupid but it could have ended up at lot worse for him with the way he was driving. We actually ended up going to the same place and he came over and actually apologised for his driving!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post

I had a chavmobile once sit on my rear end along a single carriageway and was constantly trying to over take at any gap he thought was safe so he would be pulling out and then back in if he saw a car. I was doing the speed limit. Once he had found a space to overtake and was level with me on the wrong side of road I shifted down, foot to the floor and was away, he then had to pull in behind me again. What I did was stupid but it could have ended up at lot worse for him with the way he was driving. We actually ended up going to the same place and he came over and actually apologised for his driving!
    I've been in a similar situation to this myself, except that instead of apologising the chavnut threw the healthy parts (the packaging) of his McDonald's ReadyMeal out the window at me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post

I had that the other day - I was happily riding home - silly lady was up my arse on my bike. I was doing the speed limit. I let her overtake - she gave me the finger whislt at the same time talking on her phone. I then followed her all the way home......... she got out the car shitting herself and apologising profusely. I don't think she was expecting that. All I wanted was a quiet word. She was shaking. I think me just following her did it. Silly girl. She may learn now not to pi55 off bikers - very hard to shake off.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread