i am sure it can be easily modified, I just did it that way as it was the easy option!
OK. After adding the ADM edit the GPO where you added it and go to:
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Classic Administrative Templates (ADM)
Once there you should see:
Under the first key you will see:
Here I only edited The values in Default scope.
I enabled the setting and selected the string offered:
Under the second key you should see seven values [only three of which I edited:
In order I set to enabled and then set them as follows:
You can then wait for the settings to deploy [replicate across your nertwork] or you could at the server:
After that logon as a user and test your settings. You should find that your search provider for Internet Explorer has changed.
Thanks for the instructions, but i think everything goes wrong when i add the *.adm file to administrative templates.
and there are no keys in the folders to Edit.
I let the attach picture speak for it self. Attachment 8684
I am using win srv 2003 r2 and the attached *.adm file from this thread.
Pls, give me some tip
If you are filtering your view remove ticks from the boxes:
- Filter by requirements information
- Only show configured policy settings
- Only show policy settings that can be fully managed
You should be able to edit your settings now.
I must admit I haven't seen that happen here. Are there any other dialog boxes that are non-English?
Tx so mutch! Works perfect!!
Works a treat!
I've pulled together into one document the excellent instructions from here and some I needed from elsewhere to remind me how to add a custom adm template. It may help those who, like me, are learning all this as they go along. For completeness I have also attached the txt file containing the adm text from the previous page of this thread. This makes a complete package. Please let me know if there are any mistakes in the instructions: I've checked them several times, but you never know. I've acknowledged my sources for the instructions and txt file, so hope that's Ok with everyone (just trying to be helpful rather than plagiarising!).
None of the above fixes worked for me, but what finally did was to google: "google toolbar". Install the google toolbar and it automatically changes the address bar to a google search.
None of the above fixes worked for me. What finally worked was to google "google toolbar". Install it. Google automatically comes up as the default search engine in the address bar and bing is relegated to another choice for searching.