AQAs new website....
Is anyone having problems getting onto AQAs website? Since the re-design it completely crashes IE8 and IE9 but works fine with Chrome.
As we are a CC4 school we currently have IE8 everywhere, we tried to upgrade to IE9 but that crashed out every 5 minutes so we decided to hold off. Obviously this is causing us a real headache as it's exam season and we're getting increasing numbers of staff complain!
We have been experiencing the issue also using IE8 and Win XP, we have tried filtered and unflitered proxies to resolve the issue. The only way we have got it to work was to reset the browser settings.
Do you mean going to Safety > Delete Browsing History... and clearing everything? This hasn't worked for us :(
Originally Posted by BenABF
Stopped responding and was closed
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.7601.17514
Application Timestamp: 4ce79912
Hang Signature: 0a1f
Hang Type: 32
Waiting on Application Name: iexplore.exe
Waiting on Application Version: 8.0.7601.17514
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Hang Signature 1: 0a1fefdab15681e7a1fba29aafe6dfec
Additional Hang Signature 2: d93d
Additional Hang Signature 3: d93d277dcc3303e209760e88ca35eef5
Additional Hang Signature 4: 0a1f
Additional Hang Signature 5: 0a1fefdab15681e7a1fba29aafe6dfec
Additional Hang Signature 6: d93d
Additional Hang Signature 7: d93d277dcc3303e209760e88ca35eef5
Went to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
I've just contacted AQA regarding this and they are going to have a look in to this.
Nice one Ben, we contacted them Yesterday morning and they said they wern't aware of any issue.
Originally Posted by BenABF
Resetting internet explorer settings worked for us too, just need to try and track down what GPO setting(s) in the RMMC are causing this.
Same problem here with XP and IE8. As a work round, I've put a portable copy of Firefox in the exams officers home drive and they are using that for the time to access AQA.
Bit of a PIA especially as it's results download day but my fault for not upgrading the PC to Win7 earlier.....
Just an update,
To fix it go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab and enable 'Use HTTP 1.1' and 'Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections'.
If this works you can deploy these via the RMMC (or GPO, if you're not RM) - it worked for us.
Same problem, the http 1.1 didn't resolve so have reverted to chrome for now....
Try going to Internet Options > Advanced
Originally Posted by denzal2k4
Under 'Accelerated graphics' tick the box 'Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*'
Restart browser, try again - should now work ;)