+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Any reccomendations for school broadband providers in Technical; Originally Posted by SchoolsBroadband Hi again Glenda, this still sounds very odd. We do lots of Fortigates with site to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoolsBroadband View Post
    Hi again Glenda,

this still sounds very odd. We do lots of Fortigates with site to site VPN setups. These are to Fortigates and to other vendors such as Cisco, Juniper etc. We have no problems what so ever.

It sounds as though your tunnel keep alive settings when the keys re-hash are not set to be the same at both sides. This can cause tunnels to go down early.

How does this sound? Why not give us a call and I'll get one of my Fortinet qualified engineers to set your VPN's up correctly. Completely FOC. Can't say fairer than that eh?

Dave
    Dave - they are setup correctly - I've put a Watchguard at times into the same router at both ends (different ip's) - watchguards stay up fortinets don't - its not that they are constantly going down but they need restarting every week/10 days or so to bring back the vpn's which would rule out it being the re-key as its far to long a period to be those. So theres something pete tong with the devices. We have them plugged into devices which can be remotely reset and that fixes them. But the sooner they are out the better in my opinion but its not my choice.

Its each to there own i guess

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SchoolsBroadband View Post
    Would you like to send me a debug of what happens when the tunnels go down ? PM me with the info and I'll get my engineers and if need be Fortinet to check it out. Also what software version are you using at both ends of the VPN ? I'll check the release notes and see if their are any known bugs in that version of firmware. We are on 4.3 at the moment rolled out to everywhere and it's solid as a rock. V5 is released I September. Mmmmmm V5
    don't worry they are being replaced over the next month

Thank Post
    I've had some dealings with Fluid Data who don't shout about schools Broadband but do cover a number of schools. Contract terms are incredibly flexible (down to 3 months) and they do a whole range of different solutions.

Max Stoner was the account manager there. All seemed very efficient and well priced.

for what it is worth.

Thank Post
    Hi IT Man Dan

I look after Education sector in the South East for BT (including West Sussex). We can provide leased line 100meg (EFM only goes up to 10meg and thats even if its available) and we also provide Fortinet via our partners BT Inet. If you email me your postcode I can give you a quote on the leased line and get the ball rolling for a Fortinet quote. We are Cisco partners also is that what you are using there presently?

Regards

Kris

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLocalBusiness View Post
    Hi IT Man Dan

I look after Education sector in the South East for BT (including West Sussex). We can provide leased line 100meg (EFM only goes up to 10meg and thats even if its available) and we also provide Fortinet via our partners BT Inet. If you email me your postcode I can give you a quote on the leased line and get the ball rolling for a Fortinet quote. We are Cisco partners also is that what you are using there presently?

Regards

Kris
    Actually EFM can go up to 35Mbit via BT Wholesale on an 8pair solution. Talk Talk wholesale also do a 4 pair EFM going up to 16Mbit too

Thank Post
    Not sure brilliant is a word we would use!! Troublesome and incapable of doing the job is our experience.

Thank Post
    We have a BT Leased Line and cant complain at all about it, they are really good and the service has been faultless.

Thank Post
    Just to be complete, don't forget we can provide all of the above as well

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12