+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Gmail using Exchange on Iphone / Ipad in Technical; Hi guys I am just wondering if anyone here is having an issue I have been having for the last ...
    Thank Post

Gmail using Exchange on Iphone / Ipad

Hi guys
    I am just wondering if anyone here is having an issue I have been having for the last week or so with Gmail via Exchange on the iPhone/pad that is driving me insane.

The long and short of it is, every time I read an email on my phone or iPad from Gmail (both regular and apps flavor) the email is then disappearing when viewing the inbox in a normal browser on a computer.

By viewing 'All Mail' in Gmail, the message is there, and is still 'labelled' with Inbox yet it doesn't appear there. It is like it is automatically archiving the message when you read it on the iPhone/iPad but not archiving it properly (not that I want it to be archived!).

It is also doing something similar when deleting messages from the iOS client.

This never used to happen, it just started happening in the last week or so and it is driving me nuts. I am missing emails, because for example, I read it on my phone during the evening, and the next day at work, I forgot it was there because it has disappeared.

I am sure it is something Google have done, as it effects both my devices, had it been just one, I would have thought it was me.

I am just curious if any of you are also experiencing this?

Thank Post
    I am guessing it's just me then??

There is definitely something odd going on. I read and replied to an email this morning (on a PC, not a mobile device) and it archived the message when I hit send rather than just leaving it as unread in the inbox. Googeling (ironically) doesn't seem to bring anything up, other than suggestions it is a IMAP or POP issue.

Thank Post
    What are you using here Google Or Exchange, not clear.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sukh View Post
    What are you using here Google Or Exchange, not clear.
    Sorry, it is Google Mail (both Apps and regular) but it is being accessed through Google's Exchange Service (m.google.com). Basically, you select the Exchange option when adding a new mailbox on an iOS device rather than Gmail.

For context: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin...&answer=138740
    Last edited by InterwebsGuy; 29th June 2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Linky

Thank Post
    Sorry, I dont have much focus around Google, more MSFT, can you update your iOS to the latest and check.

What is strange is that you can see via webmail and it still states that the message is in the Inbix however you can't see it. If you believe it's archiving, then can you see the message in the archive or not?

6. Thanks to sukh from:

InterwebsGuy (29th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sukh View Post
    Sorry, I dont have much focus around Google, more MSFT, can you update your iOS to the latest and check.

What is strange is that you can see via webmail and it still states that the message is in the Inbix however you can't see it. If you believe it's archiving, then can you see the message in the archive or not?
    Thanks for the reply.

Ios is up to date on both devices, so there is no issue there for sure.
    It does appear to be archiving things, and the message does appear in 'All Mail' with the Label 'Inbox'. It just seems to differ from what the Mail App says on the Apple devices when using Exchange.

I might remove both accounts from my phone and re-add them, in case it has somehow gotten corrupt. This though would just seem a little strange as it has affected both devices at roughly the same time.

Thank Post
    Just to update this thread..

This problem seems to have resolved itself over the last week or so, which makes me believe it was in fact a Google fault. Strange problem, none the less.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread