If anbody who is using a google apps based website for their school main external site, would I be able to have a look at it and could you answer these questions, sorry if it seems stupid but i need to prove to our new sponsers that my google apps plan is better than their horrible clunky solution. These aren't my questions but come from the new sponsors, they've already had my answers to most of these but apparently I have to provide information from more than one source
1. How easy is it to access, manage and update?
2. Can sites be given a normal url e.g. http://www.kingfisheracademy.org.uk and how easy was it to set up?
3. How have staff and students found the email / google apps side of the site, do you use it or use something else like moodle and outlook?
4. How is your site backed up? in house, online...
5. Security of data, how safe is the information on your site.
6. Does google provide accessible alternatives to your sites basic template?
7. Does google handle movies, images, audio and other embed enhancements?
Thanks again :-)
I would be on the side of the sponsor I am afraid.
With the solution your proposing your not only outsourcing your knowledge and applications but more importantly your outsourcing your own data!
You may be better off with a tidy thin client solution and linux!
Retain ownership of your data.
Good luck with it.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)