+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Connecting to me.embc.uk.com Popup in Technical; Hi, A few members of our staff are getting a Windows security popup asking for their credentials to connect to ...

Thank Post

Connecting to me.embc.uk.com Popup

Hi,

A few members of our staff are getting a Windows security popup asking for their credentials to connect to me.embc.uk.com. This popup only seems to appear if the user has Microsoft Outlook open and will pop up every 30 mins or so. I've checked the users email account settings in Outlook for any data files etc that may be trying to connect to this but I can't find anything. We get our internet from EMBC but I don't know what me.embc.uk.com is.
    Does anyone else get this annoying popup and can anyone tell me how to stop it from appearing?

Cheers.

We're using Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and Office 2010.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    me.embc.uk.com is the online personal space (MySite) within SharePoint and me.[la].embc.uk.com is the version branded (with relevant template) for your LA.

As you are on the EMBC network you can put in a proxy exception for https://me.embc.uk.com and https://me.[la].embc.uk.com ... this is likely to deal with the authentication issue. It may be that there is a shared calendar or a share point list setup which is making re-authenticate. Let me know how it goes ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah we get this.
    For us its when a user clicks yes to the nag screen that says something about mapping a folder to their my site when logging into portal.
    Then a network folder appears under My Computer and prompts for credentials then next time they log on. Cured by removing the folder.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I have added the proxy exceptions but this doesn't seem to have solved the problem. We're still getting the popups. The popups seem to appear in any Office 2010 application though, not just Outlook as I stated earlier.
    We don't use me.embc.uk.com so I'm a little confused as to why some of our users are being prompted for credentials. I've logged a call with the EMBC helpdesk so if I get a solution from them I'll let you know.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.

Thanks again.

Thank Post
    I think I've managed to sort this.
    In the registry of the offending PCs there was a string value for "me.embc.uk.com" in HKUSERS>Software>AppDataLow>Microsoft>Office>14.0> Common>Portal.
    I have deleted the string value and the popups appear to have stopped! Good times.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread