+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, Google Chrome and Apps in school in Technical; Outside of work I always use google chrome, I also use it on my computer at work as it's my ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Google Chrome and Apps in school

Outside of work I always use google chrome, I also use it on my computer at work as it's my browser of preference and I'm not going to start the argument of IE vs Chrome.
    During a quiet period this afternoon I've began looking at the Chrome web store and the apps seem pretty good. Does anyone here use chrome apps in their schools for students? Most of them appear to integrate with google drive which I havn't really looked into either but I do see chrome being useful.

Thank Post
    Haven't really used them yet, but there's quite a few apps/website that will integrate accounts, and google drive, which is great as once you've SSO/synced AD with Google Apps for Education (free), the pupils don't have to create accounts for, say, aviary.com

It'd definitely the way forward, I wouldn't pay for a website subscription for something that doesn't integrate with it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The apps for education stuff sounds great just starting to read up on it.

A few chrome apps which look pretty decent for edu use including wevideo, autodesk, lucidchart and autocad wds. Google drive integration sounds great mavhc but i'm not sure if the LEA would approve of the cloud storage for pupils work and the single point of failure left with the ISP. Chromebooks anyone?
    Last edited by bondbill2k2; 14th May 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Thank Post
    Actually, I am ttrying to disablee ttese featres and the signin paggee to their email but it can't be done through our filtering as it isn't a valid URL. Can this be done through group policy?

SPM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    The apps for education stuff sounds great just starting to read up on it.

A few chrome apps which look pretty decent for edu use including wevideo, autodesk, lucidchart and autocad wds. Google drive integration sounds great mavhc but i'm not sure if the LEA would approve of the cloud storage for pupils work and the single point of failure left with the ISP. Chromebooks anyone?
    You can aggregate two broadband providers to avoid avoid a single point of failure - preferably one cable and one ADSL to avoid two ADSL connections going through the same telephone connection.

SPM

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPM View Post
    You can aggregate two broadband providers to avoid avoid a single point of failure - preferably one cable and one ADSL to avoid two ADSL connections going through the same telephone connection.
    Sorry - "the same telephone SUBSTATION" not "the same telephone connection".

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread