+ Post New Thread
Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall Thread, LGFL2.0 Slow in Technical; Hi i am wondering if anyone else who has switched over to lgfl2 are having the same issues. We are ...

Thank Post

LGFL2.0 Slow

Hi

i am wondering if anyone else who has switched over to lgfl2 are having the same issues. We are on 100mb link and we are finding the internet general use ok - but download speeds are so SLOOOOW - just downloading an iso file and its going at 200kb/sec earlier it was at 71kb/sec.... is anyone else experienced this i would have expected rocket speeds with the virgin connection but at the moment i do not feel we are getting the service agreement we signed up for or the speed increase ...

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Would love to hear if this was resolved?

Thank Post
    so would I

Thank Post
    We had problems on the LGFL 1.0 from Saturday until Today. I logged it on the ServiceDesk and was given the following response.
    Issues have been caused by problems with delivery of a 10GB link. Services for Camden users are being re routed across the Lambeth and Croydon link
    which is expected to be completed within next 30 minutes and is expected to reduce the utilisation on the 1GB link which is currently serving all traffic.

Every effort is being made to fix this issue and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.
    Maybe this affected the 2.0 Service... Ours still isn't working/commissioned even though we've had everything installed weeks ago!!

hit
    Thank Post
    It should all be good now, and yes, this is the first time I have been able to blame the Olympics

There are currently significant connectivity issues with the LGfL 1 network provided by Synetrix (now part of Capita) related to planned migration work at the Earls Court LGfL1 Core Network hub, undertaken at the weekend; this work was necessitated by the use of Earls Court as an Olympic venue.

Synetrix Engineers are working to resolve these issues and hope to restore normal service as soon as possible. In the meantime LGfL 1 users may experience a variety of performance and connectivity issues, which we are aware of and ask you to bear with us while Synetrix resolve the situation.

Reliability of connection to the LGfL telephone helpdesk service and LGfL 2.0 users who access LGfL 1 services via the Interconnect will also be affected.
    As far as I can work out, if anything on LGfL2 needed to use Shibboleth then you were screwed, we couldnt log into ECC or the helpdesk!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psydii View Post
    Would love to hear if this was resolved?
    Still not resolved ! had call open for week now - our students are having huge issues accessing fronter since day 1 LGFL2 went live! still no movement on it....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Don't suppose you might have a network loop between the curriculum and admin ports via switch? Logical or physical - it doesn't seem to matter but it does cause weirdness.

Assuming you don't, do you have performance problems through both firewall ports? What if you only have one device connected to the firewall (say a laptop with a static IP on the correct subnet for that port)?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psydii View Post
    Don't suppose you might have a network loop between the curriculum and admin ports via switch? Logical or physical - it doesn't seem to matter but it does cause weirdness.

Assuming you don't, do you have performance problems through both firewall ports? What if you only have one device connected to the firewall (say a laptop with a static IP on the correct subnet for that port)?
    no loop all is on separate switches we have routing enabled between the two but that is it.. in terms of download speeds this has improved now but i have other issues i will put in another thread

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread